Chapter 32

"Savitar." A voice hissed.

I sat bolt upright blinking as the sleepiness slowly washed away. I looked around and saw my suit hanging in the corner. I relaxed a bit. I was in my lair.

"Savitar?" Caitlin was standing over her looking at him.

"What—" I was about to ask her what she was doing here when I looked around and saw that she wasn't alone. Barry, Cisco, Iris, Joe, and Wally were here. Wally was carrying a backpack which meant that he just came back from class.

"I hope you don't mind and sorry to wake you up." Said Caitlin.

"It's fine I was just taking a nap. I was suddenly aware that my shirt was rumpled and my hair probably a mess. I felt kind of embarrassed and I scold myself for feeling that way.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked suspiciously. Come to kick me out of Central City again?"

He felt Caitlin sighed beside him. "No Savitar. We came here to thank you."

I stared at her and everyone like they just dropped out of the sky. "You came to what?" I asked in disbelief.

"Man, did you think we were incapable of gratitude?" Cisco rolling his eyes.

Barry cut in. "You helped us a great deal. Without you, we couldn't have done it and we wouldn't have gotten Caitlin back. We appreciate it, man, so thank you."

Everyone murmured their thanks even Cisco who was staring at the wall past him avoiding eye contact. I grinned. I couldn't help it. I knew how it must agitate to say thank you to me. No doubt Barry had to drag him here.

Caitlin beamed at him gratefully and something melted in his chest. It was peculiar and a feeling almost alien to him.

"We brought you a big belly burger." Announced Barry putting a familiar-looking brown bag on a nearby table.

I just nodded. It wasn't every day someone was thankful to him and honestly, he enjoyed it. It was great.

Wally broke the silence. "Right, my class is starting soon so I have to go." He said checking his watch. He nodded at Joe and sped out of the lair.

"I think we all should go and let Savitar go back to his nap." Announced Cisco, putting an arm around Barry and stealing him away from the lair. "Besides, it's so dark and moody in here this place gives me the creeps." He heard him whispered to Barry as they left. Soon only Caitlin was left.

She stood with a faraway and distracted look on her face. She was biting her lip which only meant that something was bothering her.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I was surprised at how gentle and soft my voice can sound. I flushed in embarrassment but Caitlin didn't notice as she sat absentmindedly on the edge of the bed.

"I messed up. This is all my fault."

I pushed away my covers and swung my legs to the side, letting it dangle. I slowly went to her side. "It's not your fault. You can't blame yourself." I told her knowing what she meant. And knowing it was Caitlin, it's going to be a while until she stops blaming herself but he felt like it was the right thing to say.

She slowly looked at him. Her eyes were in a daze and unfocused like she was seeing him and not seeing him at the same time.

"It was my fault." I continued.

She shifted and looked down at her hands. "What do you mean?"

"Caitlin, you know what happened. I was there when Barry and Cisco filled you in. It's my fault for letting you—Frost come to Spain with me in the first place. If I had just contacted your friends right then—none of this would have happened. In fact—"