Chapter 38

Ryder POV

She looked at my dad and smiled at him, "So that's it, his name is..." she trailed off for a second and I stared at my dad. "Prince Hassan King." My dad gasped and his eyes went wide as he looked at Talia, "Really?" He whispered but we heard him and she just nod. He looked at me and I just smiled at him. "Are you serious?" He asked with a tear in his eye and she just smiled.

"The day I came around, you didn't treat me like a random girl that got knocked up. You know my background, you knew I grew up without parents and lived in the system. You knew all that and didn't look at me like a lost child, you looked at me like I was a human being. You didn't pity me, Hawk. You opened your arms and treated me like a daughter. Not just someone who was carrying your first grandchild. As each day passed by, with all the care and concern you gave me, made me feel welcome. You didn't just become my sons grandpa but you became a father figure to me. As months went by, you became my dad and the day I slipped up and called you dad, you didn't even bat your eyes or raised an eyebrow at me, you hugged me and told me I can call you anything I want and if I wanted to call you dad, then I can since you seen me as your daughter and not just Ryders baby mother or girlfriend. That day I knew what I wanted my son to have a name that truly meant something. That truly meant something to me. It's a strong name like the strong ma I know. Hassan which means Ruler of the Home or in hebrew God of Merciful. I found it the perfect name, so I told Ryder that I wanted to name him after someone who became important to me in just a short time. After what happened at the gender reveal..."

I looked at her and my heart broke. She made eye contact with me and gave me a reassuring smile she continued, "I knew it was a for sure thing that I named him Hassan. I love you like my dad and I'm sure your going to love this little boy the same, the difference is, he is your blood. Your grandson, Prince Hassan King."

I looked at my dad and in all my twenty-eight years on earth, I don't think I have ever seen my father cry. I laughed and he glared at me, "What?" He growled. I just shook my head, still smiling at him,  "I'm sorry dad, I just ain't never seen your cry." He scoffed, "I ain't crying, I got something in my eyes." He wiped his face and walked over to Talia and hugged her, "You don't know how much this means to me, Talia." When he lets her go, he kisses the top of her head, "I think I do. I agree with Ryder, I don't think I've ever seen you cry."

He huffs and rolls his eyes, "Whatever, now let me see my grandson." We laugh as he takes Prince from me. He smiles down at him and chuckled, "You look just like your daddy when he was born. Let's just hope you don't have his attitude."

I glare at him while everyone laughs, even Nate, who I forgot was even in here. "Alright Talia, I need to check your wound and now since you are awake, would you like little Hassan to be moved in here." She nods and he smiled, "Okay, I'll make sure it happens. After I check up on you, you will have two hours left for visiting. You have a whole lot of people in the waiting room waiting for you. Also today will be my last day with you, since I don't work here. Ryder here made sure I was the only doctor to look after you."

"Wait, your leaving?" She asked and he nods. "I have to find a new job, I don't think a hospital will hire me after they find out that I stole medication for you and baby Hassan." She give him a sad look, but then something popped in my mind.

"Actually Nate, since it's clear that Talia likes you and I appreciate everything you did for her, my sister and my son, I am fully indebted to you. How would you like to work and be the head doctor for our clinic and small urgent care we have. It's a clinic that all my members and their family go to. The doctor we had retired awhile ago and we have been trying to find someone to fill the spot and if Talia agrees, I think you would be perfect for the job." I explained and his eyes widen.