four, 𝐜𝐦𝐛𝐲𝐧

texting
left- other person
right- Magnolia

We sat around talking and laughing for a few hours. It was way past closing now, but being near the city it was still loud and alive. My nerves have now shifted from being nervous about Kid Cudi being here, to being nervous about sitting next to Timothée Chalamet and avoiding a lot of eye contact from him.

I didn't feel worthy and I didn't know speaking to him was going to cause me to have so much anxiety. I was doing it so cooly before, but now it just feels like he was--flirting with me? Of course he wasn't, but my brain told me he was hence why I'm nervous.

"Magnolia right?" Kenan Thompson asked.

"Yeah." I said softly nodding my head. To my left Timothée and Pete stood up and walked back into the building with Simone. They probably needed something and I'm about to be in the middle of a conversation.

"I love this establishment!" he said in his voice that I couldn't contain my smile anymore.

"This shit is dope" Cudi said in agreement. I could tell they're both high off their asses and I no reason to be nervous at this point with them.

"Can I just say I love y'all's work! I loved All That," I said to Kenan then turned to Cudi, "and your music is just everything, I'm sure you saw your poster on the wall." I bit my lip at the end nervous hoping I didn't sound too weird.

"Yeah yeah I love that everything is art, you know?" he said and I nodded in agreement to his high rambles. "I'm glad I played some part in you creating this." he said and I nodded again not sure what to say, but thankfully the two kept up the conversation for me. My phone buzzed in my lap, most likely Simone.

----

xxx-xxx-xxxx

don't piss yourself ;)

who is this?

----

My mind went to Timothée, but how? The entrance door opened and the three walked back out. Pete had things in his hands obviously had bought something more. I looked to Simone who gave me a wink, and then Timothée with a smug face.

"Get my text?" he asked when he got close to me. I could feel the shivers in my back as he walked around me.

"That was you?" of course my voice was low.

"No."

"How?" I watched him as he sat back next to me and leaned a little towards me as we spoke.

"Your friend is nice, a little protective but nice." he answered. I looked back down thinking; it makes sense why Simone winked at me. I finally got the courage to make eye-contact with him again. He had a smirk on his face, so I frowned at him causing him to look at me curiously.

"Please don't call me piss baby." I requested and a huge smile spread across his face.

"What do I call you then?"

"You're walking into this next one," I giggled. He squinted at me then sighed when he knew what was coming next, but it was too late to stop me. "call me by your name. "

"Nooo!" he threw his head back defeated, but the smile was still there. We both started laughing at my very bad overused joke.

"What?" Pete interrupted out laughing.

"Magnolia made a bad joke." Timothée said and I glared at him.

"You made me." I whined crossing my arms like a child.

"No I did not, don't lie." he bickered back.

"This is fucking funny." Pete said causing everyone to laugh.

After getting out of my shell some more I had a really nice time with them, and it was cool how they were cool with letting Simone and I crash their gathering. Around 1a.m. they all agreed it was time to go and thanked me for letting them be here after hours.

"Would it be weird if I asked for a picture?" I asked Pete as I walked them out.

"Sure, of you and Timothée?" he asked holding his hand out for my phone.

"What?"

"What?" he asked winking. I rolled my eyes but thinking about it more, maybe we were flirting tonight; it really is nothing at the end of the day.

I got the pictures I wanted then quickly locked the place up when we all got outside. Simone was still talking with them, and when I over heard they offered to Uber with her home. I made my way to her and grabbed onto her arm casually so I could make sure she was okay with it. Timothée was also on that side and I wanted to stand next to him one last time, I didn't bother getting a picture with him, didn't know if that would be weird to ask.

"You sure you're good?" I whispered. She nodded her head yes, "also you owe me a story." I hissed to which she smirked slyly. I turned my head to the people in front of us and smiled, "It was so nice meeting y'all! Thank you for coming, I hope you come back!" I said in my business voice tone.

"For sure." Cudi said and gave me a side hug.

"Magnolia, do you need a ride?" Pete asked as he gave me a side hug.

"Oh no, my car is down that way." I waved down the dark street.

"I can walk you." Timothée offered, I turned to him and gave him a soft smile to ease my rejection.

"I think I'll be fine." I declined. His face fell a little and I hated that I said that; I guess this is the last time I'll ever talk to a movie star so what the hell. "Unless you want it's cool, I can uh drive you home." I offered him, I wouldn't be surprised if he rejected me this time.

"Yeah sure." he shrugged casually.

We said our bye's and I let Timothée explain what he was doing to the others, which I'm glad he took control of. We headed to my car in silence, I was scrambling to find anything to say. He said yes to me driving him home, which means he's comfortable in letting me know where he lives. I shouldn't think too far into that, but he trusts me that's cool.

"Are you proud of me?" I asked jokingly.

"For what?" he said amused.

"Not peeing myself... or crying." I'm so glad it's dark out and he can't see my red face.

"Oh so proud." he laughed.

"I can't believe you heard me say that." I palmed my fore head, which I regret because I stumbled. He grabbed my arm helping me balance.

"Damn focus!" he laughed light heartily, "you good to drive?" he asked more concerned now.

"Yes, I'm not even high, I'm just clumsy." I sighed hating that I really couldn't hold my self together around this man, "I swear I'm normal, I'm so cool." I said sarcastically.

"Please don't be normal it's kinda fun messing with you." he assured. I mentally yelled at myself, mad that my face was getting hot once more.

"This is my car." I softly said gesturing towards it.

"Holy shit this is nice." he complimented my Tesla.

"Yeah ha- I travelled from Texas, so I wanted to get something environmentally conscious. I guess it was my best option." I'm literally so goddamn awkward with everything I say it's so frustrating.

"You deserve it!" he assured me with my over the top car. Him complimenting me just made my nerves worse, but something I'll remember forever.

I set my purse behind his seat and decided to look at him again. We met eyes once more and I realized Timothée Chalamet is in my fucking car. What the fuck am I supposed to say. Thank you?