Chapter 62: Before, When Things Weren't So Bad

Rain POV:

Dante? Where had I heard that name from before?

I shuffle closer towards the bars, wanting to get a better look at this mysterious man. Maybe if I see his face, I'll be able to remember.

"Are you injured?" I ask.

Dante grumbles and groans, moving around in his position. "Not really, unless you count waking up from a month long coma." He mumbles.

A coma? If he only just woke up, then why the hell is he down here, about to get tortured or whatever by Harry and his men? Surely there has to be something missing. It's in the back of my mind, and I'm reaching for it. I'm so close, I just need something else to jog my memory.

"Why are you here?" I probably shouldn't be asking as many questions as I am, and I doubt I'm going to receive many useful answers considering he allegedly just woke up from a coma.

"I'm not really sure where 'here' is." He replies.

"You're in Harry's torture chamber." I whisper. I can't even mention his name without getting Goosebumps. I'm utterly terrified of the man, and I have no idea how I'll react the next time I see him... I sincerely hope I'll have a gun when I see him next.

How I'd love to put a bullet through his pretty little head.

"Who's Harry?"

Hm. That's strange. "Do you have any clue why you could be here?"

There's a few seconds of silence, where I suppose he is contemplating the answer himself. "I'm not entirely sure... I don't really remember getting her at all. I just remember waking up in hospital, and I was on the phone to Matteo one moment-"

"Matteo?" I question, my ears perked from the mention of that very familiar name.

Now it all makes sense.

"Dante..." I begin. "You work for Matteo Giovanni, don't you? You... You know Mia!" I exclaim.

Dante... Harry and I had planned on talking to him about the disappearance of Mia... He was a suspect. He's the man who offered Mia the job in the first place. He is the man who helped Matteo Giovanni take Mia.

I swear to god, when I can get my hands on this man!

"This is all your fault!" I yell, quickly realising my mistake.

"I never meant for any of this to happen." He says quietly, in a solemn tone.

"It doesn't matter." I spit. "Is Mia alright? I swear to god, if that man even touched her..." I mumble my thoughts for Dante to hear.

"Mia is alright... At least she was when I last saw her. She was free... I had helped her escape."

Could that mean that Mia is free? Is she living a life in hiding? Where is she?

Mia could be living happily, she could be safe. But that means that Harry may be close to finding her, and I have a feeling when he does, things aren't going to go well. God, this is all my fault! If I had just kept quiet about the messages that I had found on Harry's phone, maybe I could've discovered more about his motives. Maybe I could've told Roman.

But there's no use in wondering what could've happened.

Because I made my choice then, and now I have to make my choices now. I have to get out of here, and I have to do everything in my power to help Mia, to stop Harry from crumbling his own family.

I don't even know how he can do this to Mia, his sister... And going behind his fathers back... I thought I knew him, I thought I loved him. I'm disgusted by the fact I even know him, let alone used to love him.