chapter 6✿

I arrive shortly to the airport and check the schedule. I have another hour until boarding so, I sit down, put my headphones in, and scroll through twitter and instagram. Just then, my phone starts to ring. Luke's name appears on my screen. I debate on whether I should decline the call or not, but I decide to answer it.

"Hello?" I say. 

"May, please don't leave." Luke practically begs. 

"Luke, would you just stop? Let's not make this whole thing dramatic. Michael doesn't care that I'm here and neither does my own mother. I sacrificed my whole summer just to come here and all they do is ignore me!" I raise my voice a bit, getting a few looks from people sitting near me. 

"May, trust me, Michael wants you here. Before you came, all he talked about was what he had planned to do with you. All he talked about was  things you used to do as kids, or inside jokes you two have. He wants you here so badly," Luke pauses. "Which is why he's on his way to the airport right now." 

"What?" I ask. 

"May, just don't leave. Let Michael bring you home. He wants you here. So does your mum. And--I kinda want you here too." He says, his voice getting lower at his last few words. 

Before I can reply to Luke, I see Michael frantically running through the airport. I stand up and immediately catch his gaze. 

"I'll call you back." I say to Luke before hanging up.

"May!" Michael calls while running over to me. 

"Mikey I-" 

"Please don't leave May. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. God May, I've been looking forward to you coming for so long. I'm sorry you feel like I haven't been paying attention to you. Please stay." He begs. 

I sigh. "Only if you promise to take me to that diner again." I give him a small smile. 

His eyes light up as he nods his head and hugs me tightly. "I'm so sorry." He says again. 

"It's okay Mikey. Let's go." I say, grabbing my suitcase as we walk out of the airport.

We get home soon after. Mum still isn't home, no surprise. I decide not to ask Michael about it because I don't want to start another fight. I go upstairs and begin to unpack all my stuff. 

"May, come downstairs, everyone's here." Michael calls from downstairs. 

I assume he meant the guys and Cora when he said everyone. I walk downstairs and I was right. I wave to everyone and sit down on the couch. 

"I'm glad you stayed." Luke leans in beside me and whispers. 

"Me too." I smile. 

"Okay, it's movie night. May gets to pick the movie tonight." Michael says. 

"Hey! It's my turn though!" Calum whines. 

"Shut up!" Luke and Michael strangely say simultaneously. 

"My house. My rules. May chooses." Michael says. 

"It's just a movie, Calum can pick." I say. 

"No. You choose May." Michael says again. 

"Well, Cal what did you want to watch?" I ask Calum. 

"I don't know, I kind of wanted to watch She's The Man." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

 "I choose She's The Man then." I say, smiling at Calum. 

He smiles back, silently thanking me.