17

kyungmi was restless. she laid on the comfort of her own bed, ranting to her brother about the event from the night before. the time her and jeno almost kissed.

"i don't know what to do, taeyong!" she exclaimed, face flushed as she recalled the memory.

"dont fight it kyungmi. let yourself fall for the dude. he is your soulmate after all." taeyong replied nonchalantly.

"i know he's my soulmate but i'm too scared! im scared to fall for him and just end up heartbroken in the end." kyungmi said, clearly stressing herself out.

"this is so much more different, kyungmi. he's your SOULMATE. you two are meant to be together and, like it or not, you two won't be able to live without each other. he's not gonna be like-"

"dont mention his name. i never want to speak of him again." kyungmi cut him off with a blunt tone, clearly hating the thought of the man who broke her heart.

she sighed, staring up at her ceiling while her brother continued using his phone.

"just don't fight it. i'm not about to have two people die just cause you're stubborn and scared." taeyong said, glancing over at his distressed sister.

"how does that even work. why did the universe choose ME out of all people?" she exclaimed, throwing a pillow over her face.

"wish i could tell you but no one knows either. but i do know that you're gonna have to fall in love with the dude. it's not really a choice for soulmates." taeyong said, leaning back on the chair he sat in.

"yeah yeah whatever. i should get going now. jeno is expecting me there soon." kyungmi said, looking at her phone and standing up.

"thanks for the talk, ty track. i'll see you next time."

"fall in love with him!" was the last thing kyungmi heard from her brother taeyong before walking out of the house.

she quickly drove to jeno's house, parking her car once she arrived. as soon as she was about to step out, kyungmi noticed a tall, elegant woman standing there with a note in her hand.

the woman knocked on the door, revealing a bright and smiling jeno. as his eyes laid on the woman, his smile fell and instead turned into a cold, piercing gaze.

kyungmi noticed they were talking, but couldn't make out any of the words as she was still inside the car.

jeno kept the intimidating gaze to the woman and kyungmi gathered up the courage to step out of the car, wanting to end whatever conversation they were having. she didn't want jeno in a bad mood.

as soon as kyungmi began walking towards them, jeno's smile came back, leaving the woman confused.

"are you finally realizing you still love me?" the woman asked and jeno shook his head.

"excuse me." kyungmi spoke out, making the woman turn around to her, towering over her head.

"and who the hell might you be interrupting me and my lover's conversation like this?" the woman glared, hatred showing in her eyes.

"i'm lee kyungmi. jeno's actual lover. mother to our child. his girlfriend. now get lost." kyungmi said coldly, not intimidated by the woman's glare.

"so you're the one he knocked up? sweetheart, you do know he only used you to get back with me. you're just some slut he used as a rebou-"

a slap. a hard, stinging slap.

kyungmi held her evil stare at the woman as jeno stood there, wide eyed and went to hold kyungmi's hand.

"i fucking dare you to call me a slut again. leave me and jeno alone you crazy, obsessed bitch." kyungmi said sternly, eyes burning holes to the woman who held her stinging cheek.

the woman looked over at jeno who held a smirk.

"jeno! you're gonna allow her to do this to me?" the woman exclaimed.

"you heard her. get lost narae. don't show your face here again. let me and my family continue in peace, seeing as that they're the only family i have now after the shit you pulled. go away before i call the cops." jeno said bluntly, throwing his arm over kyungmi's shoulder.

"this won't be the end jeno. trust me on that." the woman muttered with a smirk before walking off, heels clicking on the concrete. she figured out something and already began thinking of plans.

"you're my girlfriend aye?" jeno asked kyungmi once the woman walked away, making her roll her eyes.

"who the hell was she?" kyungmi asked as the two entered the house, noses red from the cold.

"ex-girlfriend. the reason why my parents no longer wanted me. just overall a bitch." he said as he grabbed her coat, throwing it on the couch.

"forget about her. she's not important to me anymore. you and sunhi are my main girls now." jeno said with a wink, making kyungmi's heart flutter.

she smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before making her way upstairs to see their baby.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"someone get the roach repellent!" the man said as he held his nose at the sight of narae.

"you better not mess things up lady. these two are going to fall in love and be together, whether you like it or not."

——————
lol hi please vote and comment if i are enjoying this story so far 🥺

- teresa <3