Chapter seventeen.

"Everything hurts," Sophie whined when she laid down on a bench outside of the school.

She had to go through multiple challenges for P.E., by herself. And it was fun until the sixth challenge when everything in her body started to ache. And lucky her, the sixth challenge was football. So yay! More pain!

"Oh quiet," Biana told her. "You still beat every single challenge."

"Even football," Tam said. "Which is really impressive, even if I refused to tackle you."

"You're a good friend, but I could've taken you down before you even touched me."

"Really? Wanna find out?" Tam challenged.

"Not right now," Sophie declined. "I need to have a warm bath. We can test it out later."

"Test what out?" Marella asked as her, Dex, Linh, Fitz, and Keefe came up to join them.

"If Sophie could tackle Tam," Biana informed them.

"I believe you have signed yourself up for death, Bangs Boy," Keefe said in a strange accent. "I'll make your funeral especially gloomy, just for you."

Tam rolled his eyes. "Sophie wouldn't kill me."

Sophie shrugged. "I might. But then I'd have to get rid of Keefe too, 'cause you're exactly the same."

"That's not true!" Keefe protested. "I don't go around with all that 'I'm a Gloomy Emo Kid' nonsense."

"I'm not emo," Tam told him. "I just prefer the darkness."

"Still kinda creepy," Dex said.

Finally giving up, Tam rolled his eyes.
Everyone did a relay of the last part of their day. Turns out, even though he never got caught for raiding the teachers lounge, Keefe still ended up getting detention for prankinh the new vice principal, Alina.

God knows how. Today was her first day and she already has to deal with Keefe.

When they finished giving their reports of anything suspicious, which was just Keefe saying Stina was a Neverseen Devil, an impressive sports car pulled up in front of the school.

"Oh look, Daddio's here," Keefe groaned. "Yay me."

A man with very neat blonde hair climbed out of the car, there was some resemblance but unlike Keefe, the man did not have the same playful smirk on his face.

Sophie looked at Keefe to compare the two, but Keefe had slouched his shoulder, his eyes lacked the playfulness that always seemed to be there. He looked miserable.

All because of the man who climbed out of his fancy sports car. He hadn't even said a word, but Sophie already hated him.

Sophie stood up as Keefe's dad walked toward them.

"Finally, you decided to do something good with your life and go to school," were the first words Keefe's dad said. "You always waste your time helping poor people instead of yourself."

"What?" Sophie exclaimed. "You are already the dumbest person I've ever seen."

"Excuse me?" He said. "What makes you think you have the right to talk to me that way?"

"I don't care if I have a right, or I don't. I say what needs to be said," Sophie told him. "Who are you anyways?"

"Cassius Sencen, and who might you be?"

"Cassius Sencen. You mean the famous director who everyone says is super nice?" Sophie snorted when Cassius nodded. "Well you're a jerk."

Cassius glared at her. "Get it the car Keefe."