25

No one's POV

While the three, Namjoon, Yoonji and John Cena had left you and Taehyung to explore, or rather bond, they also endeavored to unravel the secrets of this place, also known as Amethyst.

They weren't sure how many hours had passed since their arrival here, but something seemed off about this place.

There were no signs of trees or wildlife inhabiting here, neither any breeze or change in temperature.

The sky was an artificial scape of darkness, no stars, moon or even sun in sight.

Was it ever daylight here? Or was it always gloomy dark, lit up by neon nights?

Despite the eery silence, it was unlikely people didn't live here. The masked figures who held you captive, for example.

"Secure your hoods"

The hoods are flung over their heads; a flimsy yet decent disguise. In the electric buzzing of the city, the three hide within their shadows; unaware their attempts in remaining hidden were futile.

Ironically, they were being tracked.

"Shouldn't we stick together? We're weaker when separated!" Yoonji whispers to John Cena.

"Are these a joke to you?" He responds in all seriousness, displaying his packed biceps. "These babies can swing a few mfs"

"We get it, you're hench. Relax" Namjoon makes a face, envy plastered onto his expression.

"I workout because she didn't" he proceeds to elict an exaggerated sniff.

Yoonji raises an empathetic eyebrow. "Damn, all that puppy love gone so fast"

"Allow me to intervene" Namjoon beams, flicking out his book of wisdom.

"Love is a genjutsu. An illusion of happiness....the puppy love you once had, will eventually turn into bitch love..." a lone tear rolls down his eye as he gently wipes it away.

"Hmm, shall we enter this building first?" He hears John Cena ask Yoonji, the two of them far ahead already.

"WERE YOU GUYS EVEN LISTENING?!"

When Namjoon realizes they had completely disregarded his existence in this moment of time, he opens his book of wisdom once more.

"To live alone is the fate of all great souls"

Rubbing his teary glazed orbs, he proceeds to trail behind them. 😢

-

A moderate sized building stood before them, a dim light exuding scarcely through its thin windows.

Namjoon holds a finger to his lips, tiptoeing to the door before gesturing to them to do the same.

Like a line of ants on a silent night, they creep through the crevice of the door, drawn to what awaited.

Slight buzzes and uneven electric statics accompany the silence.

"There's a light, lets follow it"

They exchange glances and nod, back leant on the wall as they proceed sideways. When they're close enough to get a view of the aqua lit room, their serious expressions contort into that of shock.

In a cramped space littered with gadgets, a masked figure seemed to be operating on a

Robot?

Despite their incredulity, they slap a hand onto their mouthes and continue to observe. Unfamiliar tools clank against each other as the masked figure shuffles them, fire puffing out to scatter blue hues across the room.

"I'll finish you off tomorrow" the voice speaks dogmatically. It was weird, the voice didn't seem to sound feminine or masculine; artificial almost. Mechanic, like the alien version of siri.

The person operating leaves the room, allowing the three to slip in and take a quick look.

The robotic entity stares impassively at the ceiling above. Like a clock beat, it's turquoise eyes flicker sideways to glance at Namjoon.

"You-can-come-in, you-know"

The three flinch upon hearing the metal clunk speak. "Oh, hey there, haha-"

John Cena shoves Namjoon into the room, who scratches his nape awkwardly.

"Hi" it blinks, head clicking to the side.
"I'm-embarrased-you-have-to-see-me-in-this-mess"

It seemed the lower body of the robot was disheveled; metallic blue wires springing out like weeds until it branched into nothingness.

"You still look good" Namjoon comments, eyes narrowed in perception. In truth, he was analyzing; the questions piling up the more he observed.

What are these? Are they completely robots? What purpose do they serve?

Upon hearing his compliment, it's eyes widen and glisten a little. They could read even your micro-facial expressions and alter their conversation accordingly.

"You made my heart skip a clock beat" 

"I ship" Yoonji giggles from behind.

"Will the plug fit the socket tho?" J whispers, failing to hide his smirk "get it, cuz it's-"

"ANWAYS" Namjoon interrupts, a forced smile of annoyance painted onto his lips. "Who are you? What are you?"

"I'm a first generation robot" despite the blunt interrogation, the robot answers nonetheless. "There are second generation robots, who are similar to your kind too"

"Similar to our kind...?"

Unfortunately for them, in that moment the figure operating was heard approaching, so they had no choice but to retreat.

"690" it calls out before they leave. "Its my name"

They slip out into the open, gazes alighting on the neon cityscape spreading its light across the black canvas above. "I wonder how V and her are doing..."

"I guess we'll find out next chapter"

As they converse in utter oblivion, a second generation robot watches them in the distance.

A/N: not trying to get political but- 😳