Buck and Steve know

AN-almost self harm and mention of self harm

~Natasha~
Soon Y/N falls asleep and on impulse I grab her hand and hold it tight. I have to keep my eye on her all the time, I think while looking at her peaceful face. I call Fury in hope that I can change my time table and go to Y/N's classes. "No you are two years older then her and you are one of our best trainers, she has her own classes to attend to." Fury declines and I start to argue with him. I feel a little tug on my hand and I look down at Y/N. I was about to let go when she gripped my hand tighter. Y/N sat up while trying not to disturb me. I finished the call with Fury as I had nothing else to say. "What was that about?" She asked. "I was calling Fury, Don't worry about it." I answer, very concerned myself. A sudden thought hits me, crap Heather has her classes with Y/N. Heather walks in at that moment. Speak of the devil I roll my eyes mentally. I feel a sharp tug and look down and see Y/N pulling her hand away.

~You~
I heard the door open and saw Heather and quickly yanked my hand out of Nat's. Heather looks at you and then at Nat standing by you. "Well Y/N we have class don't we?" She smiles sweetly. Sighing you get up and head to class then to training, leaving a unhappy Nat behind.

It had been weeks and Heather had made life hell. It was high school all over again. One day on the way to training which you had agent Hill, Heather whispered beside you, "I know about that girl. Tanya, was it?" You stop and stare at her. "Why? Why do you hate me?" You ask. Heather turns to you. "Because you want what I want." She tells me, "also your an easy target." She adds as an after thought. She walks off laughing. Not wanting to go to class you run back to your room and shut the bathroom door before breaking down.

Patting the tiles you hit the hollow one and pry it up. You take off your necklace with the key on it and open the box you take out. Taking out a blade you lock the box, put it in the hole and place the tile back. Standing up you look in the mirror. Pulling your sleeve up you put the blade against your bare wrist and are about to swipe it across when you hear a noise. In a rush you drop the blade which bounces in the sink then falls down the drain with a clink. The door opens revealing Nat and her very concerned face. She must see the tear stains running down your face and she rushes towards you and wraps you tightly in a hug. Nat puts her head on your shoulder and you just stand there not knowing what to do. "I was worried about you. Hill told me you didn't turn up to class so I looked everywhere for you," Nat says in a rush. You stand there in silence before you hug her back, face buried into her chest and you start crying again. If it was possible Nat gripped you tighter and muttered soothingly trying to calm you down.

What seems like minutes later Heather came in. She must have seen you and Nat because you hear a frustrated groan and something smash. Nat pulls away and turns around. You look around from behind her and see the snowglobe your only childhood friend had given you the day before her family had moved. You put your hand to your mouth muffling the cry of despair that escaped your lips. Nat pulls you around and wraps her arm around your shoulder. "What is it Heather?" Nat asks coldy. Heather turns to us and just shrugs and leaves. Nat lets out a long sigh and hugs you again. "I'm so sorry Y/N." You try to say 'don't be' but the words catch in your throat and you start sobbing again. "Come on, lay down in bed," Nat says and let's you go but all your strength is gone and you start to fall to the ground but Nat catches you. She says something but your too far gone to understand. Nat picks you up as you fade away from the world.

"Steve I just- I don't know what to do. I know she enjoys time with you so can you come pick her up and she stays with you for a week or something?" Blinking rapidly trying to adjust to the light shining on your face you hear Nat on the phone again. Looking at Nat you hear Steve make a reply. "Ok thank you so much Steve," Natasha says. Nat pulls the phone away and noticed you've woken up. "Hey sleepy head. Steve is coming over later today, your going to have a break and spend some time with Steve and Bucky." You sit up and look at Nat and wrap your arms around her waist and bury your face into her stomach. She pats you on your back, "I've packed everything for you already." Nat tells you.

Steve comes around 5 pm with his best friend Bucky. Giving Natasha a big farewell hug you sigh and turn leaving SHIELD behind. Bucky wraps his arm around your shoulder. "Hope everything is ok Y/N just know that whenever you need a break Steve or I are more then happy to come pick you up, and if you are having a rough day and need somebody to talk to...well I'm your man." Bucky explains, smiling widely at you. "Thanks Buck." You say.

All settled in to the spare room you head to the lounge where Steve and Bucky are watching something you've never seen before. Steve sees you and moves over and pats in between him and Bucky. You can't help smiling and snuggle in with them. "Now we don't want to push but what's been going on? Natasha is really worried about you. Your her best friend you know." Steve asks you. Sighing you decide to explain everything. Heather, the cutting and you pull up your sleeves as you say that and they both exclaim in horror at the amount of them all up your arms. Lastly you mentioned how you loved Natasha and how you didn't want to ruin the friendship but you wanted more then that. Both Steve and Bucky looked at you with sad eyes finally understanding everything and all your pain. They both glanced at each other then they both crash tackled you in a hug but gently as not to hurt you. It was going to be a sad week missing Natasha but it was going to be great with Steve and Buck here to cheer you up.