Robb Stark X Greyjoy!Reader - Space Girl

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Space Girl' by Frances Forever. I hope you all enjoy it.

One of your favourite places on earth was Winterfell on a clear night. The stars would shine so brightly that you didn't even need a torch to light your way as you wandered the courtyard with your eyes fixed upwards. Even when you were a child, you had been obsessed with the constellations, teaching yourself about each and every one with the books you would sneak out of the library when Maester Luwin wasn't looking. They were fascinating and beautiful in equal measure, and you were hooked. 

On this evening, the sky was perfectly clear of clouds, and the lights were hanging gloriously in the inky blue night sky. You had wandered outside to see them a little better, getting as far away from the dim lights of Winterfell in order to get an unhindered view.

It probably wasn't smart, being out on your own in the dark. You could easily be snatched up or murdered and no one would know any different. And yet here you were, so preoccupied by the sky that you hadn't even noticed that you weren't on your own. 

Robb had been on his own mission in the halls of Winterfell when he'd spotted you hurrying through the corridors with your cloak pulled tightly around your shoulders, clearly up to something you shouldn't be. In that moment, he'd put his prior hunt for a midnight treat to the back of his mind and had changed course, following you out into the night at a distance. He'd followed you all the way out to the far wall, watching as you cleared a layer of snow off of a stone bench and settled yourself with your eyes focused on the stars.

"What are you doing?" You'd startled at the voice, your entire body tensing as your eyes dropped from the sky to find Robb standing a few feet away, his brow furrowed in confusion. 

"Nothing," you answered firmly, getting to your feet, and smoothing out your skirt in an attempt to look normal. 

Robb wasn't buying it, his eyes glancing upwards for a moment before returning to your blushing cheeks. "Are you looking at the stars?" 

You swallowed, nodding slightly and shifting uncomfortably on the spot. 

"But it's freezing."

"Cold nights are the best for stargazing," you finally uttered, your tongue darting out to wet your lips. "The sky is clearer and you can see more," you added, your hands fiddling with the edge of your cloak.

A small smile pulled at his lips and he gave a short nod. "Do you mind if I join you?"

You paused for a moment. Theon had always teased you for your love of the stars, and any time you had tried to spark some interest in him, he'd shot you down so quickly that it had left you a little wounded. But Robb was smiling at you in the most genuine way, and you couldn't help the excitement that bubbled up in your stomach. "Of course," you uttered, finally sitting back down on the bench and letting Robb come to sit beside you. You could feel the warmth radiating off of him, seeping into your side and heating you through. 

The two of you sat quietly for a moment, staring upwards and enjoying the view, until Robb nudged you with his elbow, drawing your attention back to him. "What am I looking for?" 

A stunted chuckle fell from your lips, and you shook your head at his question, lifting your arm to point at one of the constellations. "You see that one?" you started softly, feeling his shift slightly to look at where you were pointing. "That's Alioth, and the one next to it is Mizar." You could feel your smile spreading as he nodded his understanding. "They're both parts of Ursa Major," you added, dropping your eyes down to look at him, only to find him already looking at you. 

"Ursa Major?" 

You nodded slightly, clearing your throat. "It's a constellation," you murmured, suddenly very aware of how close the two of you were. "Some people call it the Big Dipper," you added, your tongue darting out to wet your lips. 

"It's pretty," he told you, his eyes still set on yours, until you pulled your gaze away, looking back to the sky. "What else is up there, Space Girl?" he uttered, drawing a short chuckle out of you at the new nickname. 

"Far too much for me to explain in one evening," you told him, feeling his arm shift to lean on the bench behind you, sheltering you from the cold breeze. 

He nodded slightly, feeling as you finally gave up on keeping your distance, shifting to rest your head on his shoulder. "Maybe we should do this again some time then," he started, smiling at the way you'd grown so comfortable in his presence. "You could give me some lessons on the sky," he added. 

You hummed, a quiet agreement. "That sounds like fun," you murmured, relaxing into his touch with each second that passed. "And I guess it would be nice to have my own personal heat source out here," you added, hearing him release a soft snort of laughter at your comment. 

  Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x