Chapter 8: "Hospital"

So far, everything single ounce of 'news' just sucked. After my heart attack L walked me to the hospital because when I tried to walk again I fell. "Are you alright?" Ryuzaki said turning to me with slightly worried eyes. I nodded and then turned away. Seeing him like that made me feel bad. "Can you walk on your own or do you want me to hold you?" Ryuzaki said, he probably didn't even notice how embarrassing that was to say but... it would help.

"U-umm... I—" Before I could finish speaking he lifted me off my feet and then told me to climb onto his back. "Oh- okay!" I said with a stutter. I held tightly around him. He always acts so cold and eats so much but in reality he's so warm... and skinny. "(Y/n)?" L said looking up at me. I was fast asleep... the comfort was too much that I just fell asleep!

"Huh?!" I yelled as my head lifted up really fast. Ouch... that hurt. My body still felt weak so moving that quick made me feel light headed. "You okay?" L said sitting next to me on a chair. I was in the hospital, I had dozed off when I was leaning on Ryuzaki's back!"Ahh Im so sorry, you had to carry me the whole way!" I yelled covering my embarrassed red face with my hands."Its okay." He mumbled, also feeling embarrassed.

"Anyway, are you alright?" Ryuzaki said as he placed his hand on my chest. I turned red and started looking around crazily so I didn't have to stare at him awkwardly. "Your heartbeat feels fine." He said in a monotone voice as he lifted his hand off of me. So he was just checking my heartbeat... that's a relief! I let out a sigh and turned to speak. "So, about Light... you saw him smile right?" I said looking up at L with slight fear in my glowing (Eye/color) eyes.

"Yes, I remember seeing him mess with the files... he said he was doing some of your work for you, but..." L sounded stumped, almost confused! "He probably was making sure I'd see my dads death..." I said looking down. "Or he faked your dads death." L continued, still looking lost. "That can't be it, I googled it on police records and google." I said with a frown. "This still doesn't prove Light is Kira though." L said as a drop of sweat flowed down his forehead. "L, do you just want to believe Light isn't Kira?" I said with no hesitation.

He looked up at me in surprise, then he looked back down with a large frown. "Yes, that's precisely it." He said shutting his eyes. "Listen Ryuzaki I've b-been thinking about this for a while and... m-maybe we should talk m-more often." I said with many stutters. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Like... a date?" He blinked fast. "Not like that!" I said turning as red as a strawberry. "I'm kidding." He laughed. He smiled goofily and then helped me up. "Can you walk?" He said calmly.

I nodded. It was 6:00pm and I arrived at the task force headquarters building at about 11:30am! "Oh no we should hurry back!" I stuttered rushing to the door, my ankle gave in and my heart began to ache. I slipped and was about to crash head first into the door when I was suddenly grabbed by the shirt.

I was quickly flipped around leaving me with a headache. L was holding my shirt when he suddenly said, "Be more careful (Y/n), you could have died." He was sterner then usual, he looked worried. "Now it's getting late, let's head back now." He said calmly.

He was right! We needed to hurry back now! I checked the hospital clock and then was walked out by Ryuzaki. Today sucked, but was strangely nice