Chapter 10

Recap:

"That was intense," Julie says as we walk out of the stadium.

Chapel Hill won 3-1, but it was a really intense game. "Yeah, I don't think I've seen a game like that in a while," I say as we get to the car.

We get in the car and I start driving to a restaurant for lunch. "You ready for the rest of the day?" I ask Julie.

"So ready."
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

It is November 17th. Julie went back to Chicago a few weeks ago but we have been talking everyday. I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend, but I plan on doing it the next time we see each other in person.

"Good morning, Dr. Solo," the receptionist says as I walk into the hospital.

"Good morning," I say with a smile as I walk past her.

"Hey," Hailey says walking to me.

"What's up?" I say as she walks with me to my office.

"We just got a report from the CDC," Hailey says as we enter my office.

"What?" I ask as I freeze.

"There has been a case of Coronavirus traced in China," she says making me look at her shocked.

"And it's nowhere else?" I ask as I set my things down.

"No, but they are worried that it's going to spread. The CDC is not putting anything out right now but they will if it gets worse," Hailey says making me sigh.

"Did the CDC contact all hospitals in the U.S.?" I ask Hailey.

"Yeah, but no one can say anything. Only the Chiefs are allowed to know and since I'm the head of all the Chiefs, I have to tell them all. I know you're not a chief, but I'm telling you since you're my cousin. I can't keep this from you, but you can't tell Hope or Julie. No one, do you understand?" Hailey asks and I nod quickly.

"Good. Here is the paperwork for it. Whenever you are not looking over them keep them in the locked drawer," Hailey says handing me the papers.

"Thanks," I say as I take them.

"Have you talked to Julie?" Hailey asks.

"Not today, but we've been talking since she left," I say with a smile.

"If she ever hurts you, Tatum, her and I will be having words," Hailey says making me chuckle.

"I know."

"I have to go work on things, but I'll let you know if I need you," Hailey says walking to the door.

"Sounds good, thanks Hailey," I say and she send me a smile then leaves.

I sit down at my desk and start looking through the papers. I pull out my computer and start to write down some notes.

After two hours Hope calls me. "Hey, Hopey. What's up?" I ask as I continue typing on the computer.

"You haven't seen it, have you?" Hope asks making me confused.