Proposal

Kuvira POV-

I mean, she said she loved me, and that she would never leave me, But against my better judgment my mind raced with the thought that she would say no.

That she would say she wasn't ready yet, that she thought we weren't ready for this yet.

I wasn't ready for her to leave me. I wasn't ready to be without her.

That's why I neglected her, and made sure the dinner would be perfect. I had her favorite flowers imported from the edge of the Earth
Empire, those little saplings she liked from the Fire Nation. The savory Air Temple delicacy's that only one woman in a small village near Ba Sing Se knew how to make. It was perfect.

Yet the doubts were still there.

I went and got the ring again, making sure it was perfect, that the edges were rounded out smoothly, and the curve of the metal would fit her finger nice, based off my estimates. That yet again, was perfection. I had metalbended it myself, so I'm not sure as to why I was doubting my own skills.

I was anxious, and I was never anxious. I am always the vision on calm and collected, ready for anything at any moment. Really the only time I let my guard down was when I was alone with y/n.

The few hours left seemed to go by fast, before it was dinner time and I was waiting for y/n. I knew how uncomfortable she was in dresses, so I told her to just wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I knew it was not very traditional and quite unconventional, but y/n was so unique so I want this to be too.

She came around the corner and looked beautiful. Even though she wasn't wearing a dress, and her hair was in a messy bun, and her face was left untouched by any marks of makeup, she looked radiant. Her smile was brighter than the sun, and her teeth were whiter than the fluffiest clouds in the sky.

We sat down and started eating the foods I had asked the chef to make. We made useless small talk that she seemed to enjoy, until she suddenly set her fork down and looked at me.

"Why have you been ignoring me all day?" She asked, seeming a little heartbroken, which mine in turn, cracked.

"I was just trying to make this special for you!" I smiled and grabbed her hand. "You know, planning a date like this is a lot harder than it looks." I grinned cheekily at her.

She shyly smiled back, a faint pink glow tracing her cheeks.

I handed her the specific cream filled pastry and watched her take a small bite.

She had a sour look on her face as she pulled the piece of metal out of her mouth.
"What the heck-" She started before realizing what it was. I smiled at her and she seemed frozen in place.

Before I could even start my long speech about how much I loved her, she screamed yes, and practically jumped across the small table into my arms. I laughed as she handed me the ring and handed it to me. I put it on her quickly, wanting everyone to know she was mine. The cream and cake bits were still on the ring but she smiled and looked at it dreamily.

"Can we finish eating now?" She looked up at me. I laughed again and kissed her forehead.

"Yes, darling." I whispered into the top of her head.

———

Sorry for the long wait, my holidays were kinda crazy. Also, would anyone like to see this chapter but from y/n's point of view? I was gonna split this chapter into both of them but I thought it might be better to split it into two.
Let me now if you wanna see y/n's POV.

comment here ——>

Thank you so much for your support!

Have a wonderful day/night!

-mae