1.21

Zyria walked down her shiny hardwood brown stairs as she sighed already hearing the talking and chatter in the living room and kitchen. It was around five fifty and Zyria still forgot to tell her mother about Knox and Dakota coming over.

"Hey mom can I talk to you" she asked as she walked into the kitchen. She looked up to see both of her grandparents standing in front of her laughing with her mother who was icing a cake.

"Sure baby what's up" She said turning to her for a moment before going back to the cake.

"I had invited my friend and his sister to come over to eat with us and I kept forgetting to ask you if it was okay..." Zyria started before pausing as her grandmothers turned to look at her with frowns on both of their faces.

"I wish you would have asked me earlier I don't even know where they can sit. The table is already full." Her mother said sighing as she rubbed her temples shaking her head.

"Well maybe we can eat in the kitchen while you guys eat in the dining room" Zyria suggested and her mother frowned mumbling a small no.

"How about we just pull the chairs from the kitchen and set up two more plates." Zyria's grandmother Shania, who was from her mother's side, said. Zyria's mother looked at her mother and nodded shrugging.

"We can do that but Zyria next time tell me at least days in advance please" Her mother said and Zyria nodded biting her lip.

"Is this a boy?" Chydé, Zyria's other grandmother from her father's side, said smiling at Zyria. Zyria nodded slowly already knowing what's coming.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Shania said excitedly and Zyria quickly shook her head but her grandmother already began talking to each other about the great grandkids.

"Oh God" Zyria mumbled before leaving the kitchen quickly shaking her head. The door bell rang and Zyria hurried toward it looking out the side window to see Dakota and Knox standing at the door.

"Hey" Zyria said as she opened the door. Dakota smiled and hugging her.

"Thank you for inviting us" Dakota said excitedly and Zyria nodding smiling.

"Here I'll take your coats" Zyria mumbled and Dakota nodded pulling her coat off. Dakota smoothed out her black shirt and Zyria took notice of her hair that was pulled into a nice ballerina bun.

"Knox stop being a bitch and say hi" Dakota said hitting Knox in his chest. Knox glared at her and took his jacket off. He was wearing a navy blue shirt and blue jeans.

"Hey" he mumbled to Zyria and Zyria nodding choking out a small hi.

"You look cute" Dakota commented smiling at Zyria's outfit that was a plaid blue and black dress with her hair in a cute messy bun.

"Thank you" Zyria said smiling.

"Come on let me introduce you to my mom" Zyria said before walking into the kitchen where her mother was finishing the icing of the cake.

"Hey mom this is Knox and Dakota" Her mother turned around and smiled at Dakota and Knox as she put the cake on the counter.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm happy you guys can join us tonight" She said walking over to the two sibling giving them both hugs. Dakota was surprised but gladly took in her motherly hug.

"Oh it's nice to meet you too ma'am" Knox said clearing his throat as Zyria's mother hugged him. He went stiff as her arms went around him but he loosened his body and gave her a small hug back.

"Don't call me ma'am please it makes me feel so old" She responded before letting him go and walked to Zyria.

"Can you take your friends to the dining room. Your grandma already set up chairs for them to sit" She said to her daughter and Zyria nodded before leading them into the other room where her grandmothers were already waiting.

"Well hello I'm grandma Shania. You two can sit on either side of Zyria right here." Zyria's grandmother said pointing to the two chairs and they nodded while Dakota gave out a smile.

"Thank you" she said politely and followed Zyria to the chairs.

"Excuse me dears but you need to wash your hands first" Grandma Chydé said before pointing out the dining room.

"I'll take you guys" Zyria mumbled before leading them to the guest bathroom at the end of the hall.

"Your family is so nice" Dakota said smiling as she quickly washed her hands. Knox leaned against the wall not saying a word as he glared at the ground.

"They alright just can be a little much sometimes, you'll see" Zyri said shrugging as she played with her fingers.

"Knox why you so quiet" Dakota said drying her hands as Zyria began washing hers.

"Dakota family" Knox said vaguely as he cleared his throat shaking his head. Dakota frowned and they began talking in a hushed tone that not even Zyria could hear exactly what they were saying.

"Okay I'm finished we can go" Zyria said drying off her hands with the hand towel. Knox nodded and turned to leave but Dakota grabbed him.

"Wash your hands dirty bitch" Dakota said pointing to the sink making Knox glare at her.

"Dakota shut up.." he started and Dakota smacked him in the back of his head as she shoves him to the sink.

"Wash.Your.Hands" She said glaring at him making him kiss his teeth and sigh. He bent down over the tiny sink and washed his hands.

"Big boss over here" Dakota said smiling at Zyria as she blew the angry and glaring Knox a cocky kiss.

"Come on let's go" Zyria said shaking her head as Knox finished drying his hands. They walked out of the bathroom and walked back in the dining room where everyone was already gathered and seated.

"Well let's pray and eat everyone" Zyria's uncle said as Zyria and her friends sat down at the table.