☁ 10 ☁

jaemin sighed when he could finally lie on his cloudy bed.

more than a week had passed since renjun and jeno knew he existed, and it had been a tough week.

sure, it was way easier to get information about the two boys, because jaemin was actually hanging out with them, but they kept bickering like they usually did, and it tired jaemin out.

actually, they were bickering a bit less. jaemin didn't know if it was because they were slowly starting to get along or if they just knew jaemin hated when they fought.

jaemin had tried to ask them about their unfounded hatred, but it wasn't really a success.

he had asked them first when the three of them were waiting in the queue for the canteen. and damn, was it a disaster...

flashback

"you just stepped on my foot; can't you see i have white shoes asshole?" renjun fumed.

"oh, i stepped on your foot?" jeno did a fake pout. "it's not my fault the people behind are pushing me!"

"well, be careful. they're new and more expensive than your house!" renjun yelled, rubbing the dark spot on his brand-new white shoes.

jeno smirked and lifted his foot, ready to stomp it right on renjun's other shoe.

and he would have done it if jaemin hadn't interrupted him.

"why are you fighting again?" he asked with a pout which made jeno melt.

"huh..."

"this ass- jeno..." renjun corrected himself, "just stepped on my shoes."

jaemin nodded, not too interested by the matter.

the three boys waited a few minutes in silence – with the loud blabber from the canteen, i don't know if you could really call it silence. no one dared to talk. and renjun and jeno didn't even try to start a fight again. sure, they exchanged glares, but no words.

"why do you two hate each other so much?" jaemin asked, looking at the two boys.

"what?" they asked in confusion.

"you're always fighting." jaemin clarified. "why?"

jeno shrugged while renjun passed a hand through his hair.

"isn't it evident?" he asked.

"no." jaemin replied shyly.

"he's the biggest jerk ever, having no friends and this fucking cold façade that makes him look like some stuck asshole. he's far from being friendly and sympathetic. he's just arrogant and disrespectful." renjun listed.

"oh... i'm arrogant and disrespectful?" jeno snorted, glaring at renjun.

"yeah, a lot."

"you're not better. only caring about yourself. always angry and moody. you can't spend a day without picking a fight and cursing at someone!"

"i'm sorry?!" renjun yelled.

and jaemin stopped listening form there. it was absolutely no use.

end of the flashback