20.

Layla sat in her kitchen eating pancakes when her door busted open, revealing Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie.

"Happy Birthday!" They all yelled in sync.

Layla stood up and hugged her friends, "Thanks guys."

Today was her birthday and the day after all the Mikaelson's were awoken. She planned on continuing her day like any other day. She was going to have a normal eighteenth birthday, even if this could be her last one. She was patiently  sitting at death row.

"Go get dressed," Caroline told her, "We have something planned."

Bonnie smiled, "Meet us at the Grill in thirty minutes."

"I don't want to do anything today," Layla told them, "It was a rough night."

"Layla," Elena sighed, "This could be your last one, and we are going to have a damn good time."

Layla smiled, "Okay. I'll meet you at the Grill."

They smiled in victory before exiting her house. She began to walk up her stairs, but was stopped when her doorbell rang. She went to the door, opening it. No one was there, but there was a white box, tied with a bow sitting on the doorstep. She picked up the box, and sat it inside. She picked up the envelope that was laying on the top.

"Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration," Layla said. She flipped it on the back, to see neatly written handwriting, "Save me a dance. Fondly Klaus." She threw it on the table. She opened the white box, inside was a light pink dress. It was strapped, with jewels on the strap and mid section. She sighed, before grabbing her car keys to talk to Klaus.

************

Layla walked through the door, letter in hand, "Klaus what the hell-" she stopped, noticing all eyes on her. She instantly felt embarrassed. She was in no shape to be seen in public, let alone by original vampires and their judgment filled  eyes. She looked down at her appearance, hair in a bun, no makeup, leggings, and a Pearl Jam shirt. "Sorry...I was looking for Klaus."

Rebekah smirked, "Don't be sorry. You're practically family."

"Did you get the invitation for the ball?" Elijah asked her.

Layla chuckled, "It's the 21st century, who has balls?"

"We do," Elijah told her, "And you are invited."

"Well it definitely takes some to throw one," Layla muttered.

"You're coming right?" Rebekah asked her.

"I have plans today," Layla told him.

"The whole town is invited, surely you don't have plans," Kol told her.

Layla looked at him, "And who might you be?"

Kol smirked, "Right. New Layla new brain. I'm Kol Mikaelson."

"Right," Layla sighed, "Well, maybe you will see me. But probably not." She tried to go straight to the door, but ran into a hard chest. She looked up to see Klaus, gazing down at her.

"And where will you be going?" he asked her, "Why don't you stay?"

Rebekah smiled, "We can do our nails together."

"I'm late meeting Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena at the Grill," Layla told them, "We are celebrating."

"For what?" Klaus asked.

"My birthday," Layla told him.

He mentally faced palmed himself, how could he have forgotten her birthday. He smiled at her, "Happy birthday love."