Chapter 29

Third Person

It was dinner time in the Davis household. It had been a long day for everyone. Mason had made a roast dinner for everyone. They all sat around the table eating.

"So Cam how was your day today?" Mason asked sitting down in his seat.

"Good. Ooo can I have a tea party?" Cameron asked reaching for her cup which was filled with some juice. Owen handed it to her when she couldn't reach it.

"We can have one after dinner?" Owen said.

"No silly can my friends come over for a tea party?" Cameron chuckled putting her cup back down on the table.

"Leave it with me." Owen smiled.

"Noah what did you do today?" Mason asked.

"Nothing."

"Thanks for that lovely answer." Mason rolled his eyes. Eating some mash potatoes.

"Owen?" Mason raised his eyebrow.

"Good. Just a lot of work." Owen replied.

"How was your day Mason?" Cameron smiled taking a piece of cut up ham off her plate. She didn't really care how Masons day was she just thought to ask him. Since he was asking everyone else.

"Oh thank you so much Cameron. My day was great actually. If anyone cared." Mason cut up some ham so he could eat it.

Silence came over the table while everyone ate. You could only hear the scraping of the plates and Cameron humming. She kicked her legs back and forth.

She then stopped when a question came to her head.

"O who is our Dad?" Cameron asked innocently. Noah almost spitted out his drink that he had been drinking when Cameron asked her question. Mason stopped eatting and looked to Owen. While Owen seemed a bit taken back by this question.

"O?" Cameron tilted her head confused. She didn't understand why everyone seemed so shocked.

Owen clear his throat before answering the little girl. "Emm...Where did you hear that from?" He nervously scratched the back of his head.

"You?" Cameron remembered Owen had mentioned something about their Dad the other day.

"Oh yeah." He nervously laughed."I did.."

"Is Robert my Dad?" It made sense to Cameron because if she remembered correctly. Owen correcting Dad for Robert.

Owen looked to his brothers for help. He had slipped up the other day and Cameron heard. She was a smart cookie. Cameron's big green eyes stared into his. Curiosity swirled around in them.

She wanted to know and Owen would feel to guilty if he kept that information from her. But the boys were afraid that Cameron would get hurt like they did. They for one knew that their father wasn't the best flower in the bunch like Cameron had met. He shook his head getting him out of his trance. This was to protect her from not getting hurt.

"He's not." Owen gave her a small sympathetic smile. He looked to his brothers who gave their own encouraging smile. They had agreed with Owen on this.