Meeting the Enemies for the first Time

Dominic:

I looked at my phone again restlessly.

Why isn't she replying?

Cara hasn't picked up my phone since this morning. I only got a 'busy' message in the morning and it has been quite ever since.

"Sir, your 1'o clock appointment is here." My secretary said.

I nodded in return, still looking at my phone. "Send them in." I said.

"Yes sir." He replied dutifully.

"Good morning Mr Adam." Came a familiar voice.

I looked up and my hands fisted at the sight of the guest.

"Mr Dante Van." I said looking straight at him.

"Mr Adam has heard of me? I'm flattered." He said giving me a flattering smile.

"Heard about you? Mr Van, I know more about you than you think." I said as I looked at the young girl and a middle aged woman next to him. "Ms Sofia Westby and Mrs Nina Westby, you followed along too? I heard the business relationship between the Westby family and the Van family is already over. Wasn't expecting seeing you guys coming to a meeting for the collaboration between our company."

Nina Westby looked visibly embarrassed of my question but Sofia Westby replied happily. "Actually I'm-"

"She's my personal assistant. So she had to come." Dante interrupted, not letting Sofia finish.

Foolish woman, this man left a woman he professed his love for since adolescence because she wasn't of any use to him after she lost her fortune. She honestly thought he'll be loyal to someone like her? Ones a cheater, always a cheater. She should have seen this coming from the start.

The Westby empire was large. Add to that Diana Westby's import export business, Cara's net worth won't loose out to me. Dante was in that relationship for the profit from the start. On top of that Cara was beautiful and elegant like a girl with an upbringing of a well to do house. In short, Dante didn't loose out on anything.

In fact, he hit a jackpot by seducing her. Cara's and Dante's status was miles apart. But when Cara's father disowned her, she lost her importance to him. So he was quick to get rid of her.

Sofia on the other hand had an upbringing of a middle class family. Her father may be generous to her. But he couldn't have been involved in her upbringing while trying maintain a good relation with Diana Westby. There is no way Sofia could carry herself as elegantly and as nobly as Cara could.

Dante was used to having an elegant and cool girlfriend. It was impossible that he didn't feel at loss by hooking up with Sofia. However, he ignored it in front of the profit Sofia would bring with her. Now that there was no more profit, Sofia was nothing but a side girl for him. Someone he would come to when he had nowhere to go.

Serves them right for hurting my love. I thought coldly.

As for this Dante fellow, his entire family knew how to bootlick. His father managed to gain a few good points from dad back in the day. But if they think those fee good points could make them have a collaboration with us, he must be dreaming. Even if Cara wasn't involved, this collaboration wouldn't take place, at all.

Third person:

Nina felt utterly uncomfortable at this moment. Arnold was ignoring them, sometimes even misbehaving with them. She knew from the start Arnold never loved her. He was just in it for sex. There were many more mistresses he had even to this day.

Most of his shares may be taken away from him. But what he had was enough for him to maintain a luxurious lifestyle and maintain his side chicks. On top of that, Cara may be indifferent towards them now, but she won't let Arnold starve even if he had nothing.

But Arnold was now less inclined to spend anything on them anymore. He was never close to them from the start. But ever since Cara returned, he has been even more cold. All he does is get drunk and visit those whores who spread their legs to whoever threw money at them.

At this moment, Nina completely forgot that she used to be the same as those whores in the past. It's just that no one takes any notice of her at this age anymore.

She could feel Dante's attitude towards Sofia. He used to always try to appease them in the beginning. He was always sweet and respectful towards them in the start. But as soon as he knew that they would get nothing from the property, he has been cold towards them. His respect towards them was perfunctory.

Unfortunately, no one else pays them any attention now. They had no other options. So they had to cling to this fat tree.

Dante was feeling utterly uncomfortable at this moment. As a man himself, he could feel the hatred this man had for him. But why? How did he offend Mr Adam? He couldn't understand.

The meeting continued for one whole hour and Dominic never missed even one chance to humiliate Dante but never talked about anything important. Finally, even at the end of one hour, nothing was decided.

Dominic's secretary came in at this second and said, "Sir, the time for this meeting is already over. Your next clients are waiting for you."

"But our talk is not even close to being over." Dante said hurriedly. He already said he would end his collaboration with Westby Enterprises. Now, if this collaboration didn't happen, their loss would be quite substantial. And with Cara's current attitude, it doesn't look like she's interested in patching up with him despite the kid.

He was pretty sure in the start that it would work. He was certain that Cara would forgive him for the kid. She was always the type to think about others before thinking about herself. So for the sake for giving the kid a complete family, she would family, he was sure that she would forgive him. But the facts proved otherwise. Now, he absolutely couldn't loose this collaboration.

Dominic looked at his phone again which he had been doing in every five minutes the whole day. Cara still hasn't replied. He should cancel the next meeting and go see her.

He really felt sour that she was ignoring her, that too on this day no less. Dominic thought they would spend some quality time together today. He even had a qualified reason for that. But she didn't even remember. She should just wait to get punished tonight.

Suddenly, the door of the cabin opened and a sweet voice stopped Dominic from what he was doing. "You seriously have such a thoughtless wife Mr Adam. She hasn't been replying to you all day on even such an important occasion. I don't know how you can love such a woman."

Everyone looked up to see Cara standing at the door with a red velvet cake that had 'C💕D' written on it artistically.

A/N: Autocorrect sucks. Westby becomes West by and your becomes you're. And trust me, the last one is the most irritating. So if you find a mistake, please notify me.

Anyways, what do you think will be Dante's reaction? I bet most of you could guess it.

Thanks for the love guys, bye.