29

*unedited - but will get to it*

A week later, Nicole had received two postcards from Blake.

One, mentioned a dirty joke.

The other, a formal invite for her to have dinner with his parents.

Clearly this 'meeting the parents thing' was happening and since she'd made a commitment, Nicole was going to stick to it.

As she was trying to get ready in her room, she was also being mocked by her two best friends, who were looking at her like she'd grown two heads.

"I'm not sure if I heard this right, you're having dinner with Blake?" Mia asked, watching as Nicole was straightening her hair.

This was not the first time that Mia had asked her this same question.

"You heard correctly," Nicole replied.

"What the fuck?" Mia then yelled out.

Nicole huffed at the dramatic reaction. "Would you relax? And it's not just Blake, it's his parents too."

"Oh yeah, that just clears everything up," Mia then rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing, Nicole?" Chloe then questioned her.

Both the girls were so confused on what Nicole even felt about Blake. It was almost exhausting to even think about.

It wasn't any of their business, but they both cared about Nicole and Blake too, they didn't one either one of them to get hurt.

Chloe had assumed that Nicole would have spoken to Blake, and told him that she wasn't interested, but now she was lost as well.

"You're having dinner with Blake's parents? You won't even have dinner with him one-on-one," Mia then commented.

Nicole glanced at the two of them. "Well, technically I've had breakfast with him. Does that count?"

Well, this was new information for both the girls.

"Chloe?" Mia asked.

"Yeah?" Chloe replied, as stunned as Mia.

"Was I in some kind of long coma and missed a few years? Or missed hell freezing over?" Mia questioned, feeling as if she was in some alternate universe, that had Nicole having breakfast with Blake.

Chloe shook her head. "Nope."

"Then seriously, what the fuck?" Mia asked.

Nicole looked at the really confused faces of both the girls and sighed. She knew exactly what they were thinking, and their reaction was somewhat justified, but Nicole didn't really know how to reply to questions that she didn't have answers to herself.

She didn't love Blake. That she was sure of. Kind of. But everything else between them was a little blurry and Nicole didn't know how to see through all the fog.

"Look, it's not that big of a deal. He helped me out multiple times, and now I'm helping him," she the told the girls, before carrying on to do her hair.

"You don't even like him," Chloe stated.

Nicole shrugged, a small smile on her face. "He's a good egg."

Both Chloe and Mia looked at one another.

"Chloe, you're sure about that coma?" Mia asked.

Chloe laughed. "Yup. You haven't even heard the best part," she then said, remembering that Mia wasn't aware of all the details yet.