31

"Stupid arse machine," Nicole cursed at her laptop, after it froze in the middle of her work.

It was late in the evening, and Nicole was back from work, but not completely out of the work zone, since her wonderful boss gave her more tasks to complete for the next day.

Going to work late in the morning proved to be more of a hassle, since she didn't have the time to complete everything then.

Although she was tired, exhausted and frustrated from her day, there was a thought that made her smile to herself. A thought that she'd had for the whole day.

It was about how she'd slipped Blake an answer to his question. A little card, which had the word 'yes' written on it.

Her Dad used to like doing magic tricks, and would always teach Nicole how to do them. She then liked to perform them in a completely different setting, one that worked to her favour.

Nicole was very apprehensive about going on a date with Blake. She was still very unsure on what she even felt for him, apart from him being a good person. She felt something in her stomach, with Blake's random acts of kindness, but whether that was butterflies or the need to shit, Nicole didn't know.

The last thing she wanted, was to give Blake false hope, but it wasn't as if she didn't like him at all. Feelings like this, were a completely new territory for her, and Nicole didn't exactly know what to do about them.

A date could be a good way for her to finally secure that gut feeling about Blake, which was clearly all over the place.

It didn't have to be a serious. A date's a date. Doesn't have to be more than that, right?

Going with that thought process, Nicole said yes to Blake.

Although, it did bother her, how practically the whole day went by and he hadn't messaged or called her.

Did he even realise the answer was in his pocket? 'Oh fuck, did he just think it was a random piece of card and threw it?' Nicole began to think.

She had used her business card from work, so she assumed he must've seen her name or company logo at least, but then again, she didn't know how much he looked at the stuff that was in his pockets.

If he'd thrown it out, then this was a fail. She'd have to text him the answer, and well, that wasn't very magical to her.

Sighing to herself, Nicole decided to take a break from work.

Mia was over tonight and was cooking dinner with Chloe, so she had that to look forward to.

Just as she put her laptop on her desk, and stood up, Nicole heard her phone buzzing with a familiar name showing on the screen.

She smirked to herself, as she swiped the screen to answer.

"Nicole," the voice greeted her on the other end and she smiled.

"So, you finally found my answer then?" Nicole said.

Blake laughed. "The one which you conveniently left in my pocket? Yes." He said and then added on. "How did you do that by the way? I was looking at you the entire time."

The whole thing was still amazing to Blake, because he didn't realise it at all.

He'd wanted to call her as soon as he found the card, but then thought that seemed rather desperate and waited.

Even whilst working, his fingers itched to just call her number and talk to her, but tried to keep up the whole 'keep 'em guessing' kind of approach.