34

After that awful morning, Blake wasn't even sure what to do with himself.

He dropped off Nicole and left straight after, driving around aimlessly, no destination in mind, just feeling...lost.

All he could think about was the last conversation that he had with Nicole.

There were two things that he mainly couldn't understand.

One, was how is it that Nicole still couldn't trust his feelings? Why was she so scared about it all, when he was the one who actually confessed to her? He was the one who'd taken the damn leap and jumped off the fucking cliff. It made no sense to him.

The other thing was, how the hell had they basically gone through a breakup, without even having a relationship to begin with?

Either way, the more he thought about everything, the more his chest ached. It was as if there was some kind of pain that kept being tugged at, from just the thought of her.

She really didn't love him and it hurt. It really fucking hurt.

He'd never had this before. This feeling. He definitely never loved a girl like this before, to the point where it was almost all-consuming.

Only she could evoke these kind of feelings within him, to the point where he wanted to rip his hair out, but then also ravish her completely.

Nicole was damn rollercoaster, one that would take you to a new high, an unimaginable peak, and just as the anticipation was taking over your whole being, you'd plunge down into the abyss.

Of all the girls to fall in love with, he really couldn't have found someone more simple or less complicated? But then again, it wouldn't have been the same.

He fell for Nicole because she wasn't that. She was a thrill, not boring in any way. Being with her always excited him, whether she chased after him with her heel, cussed him out, or just watched a movie with him.

Blake had heard that it was better to have loved and lost, than loved anyone before, but that currently made no sense. It probably didn't apply to him in the exact way, as it did to other who'd most likely gone through actual, bad breakups, but still, his heart hurt.

He never, ever, wanted to relive this pain again.

But for that he'd have to get over it first, which right now seemed impossible.

Blake hated this. He felt like such a wimp, pining over someone like this, but again, this wasn't just someone. It was Nicole.

He needed to talk to someone, and with that in mind, Blake drove over to Sebastian's place.

Of course, by the time he got there, it started to rain, which made this whole situation so freakin' dramatic.

'Might as well play the violin or some other sad music in the background,' he thought, to add to this very theatrical movie - which was also known as his life.

Pulling up on the driveway, Blake tried to escape the damn rain - which only seemed to fall harder - and then ran up to the door.

Thankfully he wasn't soaked all that much, but then again, he hadn't had the chance to have a proper shower. Plumbing in the home he was getting built, was still on-going, so he only managed a quick cold-shower.

He probably needed one, but still, it wasn't all that satisfying.

Blake rung the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer it so he could get out of this blasted rain.

A few seconds later, Mia opened the door.

"Blake?" Mia looked at him confused, dressed in her pyjama set. "Are you-"