36

Over the next week, Nicole tried her best to get in contact with Blake, but he was adamant on staying away from her.

Her messages were left unanswered, her calls were denied, even her messages on social media weren't responded to.

Nicole knew that he was probably sick of her and didn't want to hear from her at all. She felt like even if she were to tell Blake that she felt something for him, he would never believe her.

And honestly, she'd accept his rejection. She'd accept it because she knew that she'd hurt him deeply, but she'd only let him walk away after telling him everything she wanted to.

He had his chance at a confession, she wanted hers too.

Nicole had always been stubborn, and she wasn't about to let go of this personality trait just yet.

She had even visited his parent's home - or more accurately, their mansion, - and thankfully they weren't home, neither was Blake, but Maggie was.

After talking to Maggie, Nicole felt even more determined to get her feelings across.

Maggie had told Nicole that Blake had never ever liked a girl as much as he liked her. He'd always mention something about her, about the way she frustrated him or the way she made him crazy. His talk was always about her and only her.

He had never even mentioned anything about even liking another girl this much, nor was he ever this broken up about someone.

Even breaking up with his university girlfriend and then later seeing her with the fireman, didn't have this effect on Blake, the effect that only Nicole could have.

After hearing this, all Nicole wanted to do was hug Blake and maybe a little more than that.

How someone could want her so much was beyond her. She'd seen everyone else get this time of love, but not her. Never had Nicole felt so loved, and she didn't want that to go away.

Unfortunately, she felt it slipping away when she visited Blake at his office.

***

Nicole had decided that if Blake wouldn't reply to anything she said, well then she'd just show up in front of him.

He couldn't possibly ignore her if she was standing in front of him, right?

She knew that it probably wasn't too likely that she could just show up at Blake's office and be allowed to meet him, but luckily for her, she had a card up her sleeve.

Using Mia's name, it was like VIP access to get into the building and onto the floor that Blake had his office. This was probably a gross misuse of identity, but it wasn't really like Nicole cared all that much, plus it was her best friends' name anyway.

She also had to admit, Blake had a really swanky office, the entire building really.

Nicole knew that his family were involved in winery, but she didn't really expect the entire office to reflect that. They had fake green ivy up against the white walls and an amazing bottle-wall display in the lobby.

It was hard to take her eyes off the design of the place, but she had to, since she had a much more important priority at this moment.

Nicole was asked to wait in Blake's office, with the staff obviously assuming she was Mia. It made her think of how much Blake must value Mia, to have her treated so specially. It was quite cute.

Usually there was a slight worry when you bring a guy into your group of friends, wondering whether they would like him, but clearly Nicole wasn't going to have that problem, she thought.