Chapter 8: A Chase

I drew Mumbo and Grian!!!! *jazz hands*

I am listening to All I Want by Kodaline and SOBBING

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.7K

~~

TW: mentions of suicide, cutting (if you are sensitive to this stuff please do not read this chapter. I don't want to upset anyone)

~~

POV: Helsknight

~~

We ran through the portal into the Lobby. Frantically, we both looked for Xizara, ignoring the weird looks we got from people. Apparently, it's not normal for someone to be able to move their eyes like a chameleon. Who knew? 

Anyway, we were both used to the looks by now, so we continued our search for the Voider. 

"There!" Wels called out, pointing towards a figure running out of the Lobby. I was amazed at how he was able to spot Z in the crowded space. We took off after my friend, pushing and shoving to get to him. 

We finally reached the archway Wels had seen him under and as we peered into the Plaza, our heart sank. The Plaza was always crowded, but today it seemed like there were thousands of people here, stopping us from saving my friend. 

Where did he go?

Wels' voice cut through my mind, startling me. 

I don't know. Let's look from the air.

I took out our fireworks which we only had tree of, and he fixed our elytra, readying us for flight.

Lets go.

I shot us off, and we cut upwards through the air. Wels reached out and grabbed a ledge The Lobby's wall, and pulled us onto it. I held on to keep us balanced as we peered out over the Plaza. He couldn't have gone far, so where was he?

Should we send him a message?

I shook our head.

If he knows someone is looking for him, then he'll hide.

Since when did you become smart?

I sneered. Even though Wels couldn't see it, he would feel it, just as I felt him smile. 

Someone's life is on the line. One of us has to be smart.

You callin me stupid?

Yep.

This time he sneered. 

No, but seriously, I didn't think you cared for anyone. 

Just because I hate people doesn't mean I want them to die when we could stop it.

That shut him up. 

We continued to search, and this time I was the one to spot him. Xizara was running into The Market, on one of the 4 main streets. 

I see him. 

I jumped off the edge, Wels being pulled along. We balanced out as we glided towards Z, but we didn't quite make it all the way, seeing as we only had two more fireworks on us.

Why didn't you grab more fireworks?

Why didn't you?

We landed, falling onto our stomach as we tripped over the other's leg. Most players around us jumped back, surprised, and snickered at our less than graceful landing. We ignored them yet again, and immediately picked ourself up, running after Zara. He was still a long way in front of us, but we were able to see his snow white hair over the heads of everyone else.