Arthur X Reader - Rescued

Hi so this is supposed to be that mission where you rescue that woman (Meredith) from the murfree brood cave except in her place it's you.

also sean is alive for some reason i just MISS HIM AND WANT TO KEEP HIM ALIVE and arthur doesn't have tuberculosis

this story is written from the perspective of a cis female reader who uses she/her pronouns

summary - you get kidnapped by the murfree brood but luckily two men help you escape. one of them being Arthur Morgan, who seems very smitten with you.

trigger warning - murder, alcohol

{thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this!!!}

You flinched as you heard gunshots and yelling from the entrance of the ghastly cave. You hadn't slept properly for a week, ever since these disturbing men had kidnapped you and killed your brother. Your head ached and you were weak with lack of food, water and sleep. Your thin dress did nothing to help the freezing air at the bottom of this death cave. Your feet were bare and your hair was tangled.

Who were they shooting, who was dying, who would join you in this cage?

You needed to cry but there were no tears left in your body. You had already accepted that this is where you were going to die.

You could hear footsteps coming towards you. What are they going to do to you this time? Torture you, most likely. Hurt you again.

You just want them to kill you at this point.

You curl up into a ball, shaking, trying to prepare yourself for what's going to happen when you hear an unfamiliar voice. All of the Murfree Brood have rough, terrifying voices. This voice is softer, kinder, gentler.

"Ma'am?" The voice is saying. "Ma'am, we're going to get you out of here."

You finally bring yourself to look up. Two men are looking down on you, fiddling with the lock on the cage.

One of the men particularly catches your eye, a man with bright blue eyes and a gentle face. Something about him makes you feel safe.

"Wh-who are you?" You say croakily. "What's happening?"

"I'm Arthur Morgan and this is Charles Smith ." He says gesturing to the other man standing beside him. We are going to get you out of here, Miss...?" Arthur asked softly, breaking the lock on the cage.

You stumble cautiously out. "L/N, Y/N L/N. Are they all gone?"

"Yes, Miss L/N, no one is going to hurt you now. Everything's going to be ok. Follow me, I'll get you home, Charles, can you clear the bodies out and tell Dutch about this place?" Arthur turned to Charles, who nodded.

Arthur led you out of the cave. Your head was spinning. Did you really just get rescued? You thought you were going to end up dying here.

Arthur lifted you up on his horse, putting you in front of him and cautiously placing an arm around you waist to keep you steady. This comforted you and you relaxed a little bit. "Where are you from, Miss L/N? I'm going to get you home," he said gently.

"Annesburg, I don't think it's too far from here. Thank you so much for rescuing me. Those men...I-I thought....I wanted to-"

"It's ok, Miss L/N," Arthur interrupted. "You're safe now."

"Just call me Y/N," you wiped the nose of the hem of your dress, "Look at me. I'm a mess. Didn't look that decent before this all happened and now look at me. Twice as ugly."