waking her for cuddles

You closed your eyes with a heavy sigh. You hoped that if you kept them closed and stayed in the same position for long enough, you'd fall asleep in no time. Because as time continues to pass by and you have yet to feel sleepy, you only grow more irritated.

The minutes passed by and just like every time before, your eyes quickly opened. You did everything you could to resist looking over at the clock. You already felt annoyed enough, seeing how many minutes have passed would only make you feel worse.

You turned over onto your side, now facing Yeji. She was fast asleep. After a long and busy day, she didn't have the same problem as you. She was out cold as soon as she laid down. You understood why and you've done everything you can to not wake her.

However, the longer you lay there awake the more you yearn to be held by her. You wonder if the comfort of her embrace and her warm arms wrapped around you would be enough to lull you to sleep. Or, at least, ease your worries.

You reached out for her, simply laying your hand on her shoulder at first. You felt guilty for even thinking about waking her after how busy she's been. But you know it has to be nearing three am, at the earliest, and you need to sleep, and one way you'll be calmed down enough to do is to be held by her.

You shook her shoulder and then rubbed her arm with the tips of your fingers. Slowly, her eyes opened. She blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness and let out a sigh before she spoke.

"Y/n? What is it?'

"I can't sleep." You explained with a huff. "I'm sorry for waking you, I know you're exhausted. But I just want you to cuddle me. You can even go back to sleep if you want to. Just, please hold me?"

Yeji was certain she hadn't ever heard anything so sweet before. Despite her tired and heavy eyes and the utter exhaustion she felt, she cracked a small smile and opened her arms for you without a second thought.

"Thank you." You spoke as she wrapped them around you and made sure you were covered up with the blankets. "You can go back to sleep."

"Not until you do."

"Yeji," you sighed sadly. "I haven't been able to sleep yet. I don't know if or when I will. You should get some rest, you deserve it."

"So do you." She whispered, kissing your head. "Stop stressing so much about it. It'll come sooner or later. Just relax. Think happy thoughts. We've both got nothing to do tomorrow, so think of how you want to spend the day together."

"So far, sleeping."

She chuckled and kissed your head once more, this time lingering a few seconds.

"Just close your eyes. Think about what makes you happy."

You closed them and, without hesitation, replied and said, "That's easy. You. You make me happy, Yeji."

She closed her eyes and found another sleepy smile making it's way to her lips. She started to hum softly and run her fingers along your sides and your stomach, hoping it'd soothe you.

And soon enough, before you even realized it, you had fallen asleep. Your lips were parted, tiny snores escaping them. Yeji just chuckled and said, "Sweet dreams, my love," before she let herself drift off to sleep once again.