71

Chu Yu woke up because of the cold.

The chill was cutting. It was so bitterly cold he felt numb all over and his teeth rattled. He opened his eyes but all he saw was the dim glow of a fire and an iron door that was tightly shut.  

Both of his hands were fettered to the wall. He clenched his teeth and struggled with all his might. Bruises appeared on his pale wrists, but he could only hear the clear sounds of the iron shackles hitting the wall behind him.

The water that had risen up to his waist grew colder. Chu Yu furrowed his brows. After a while, he sighed and gave up on struggling.

He knew Song Jingyi would not kill him easily. Song Jingyi hated both him and Xie Xi to the core. Now that he had captured Chu Yu, he would naturally want to torture Chu Yu before finishing him off.

As his thoughts wandered, the iron door suddenly opened with a creak. Chu Yu squinted against the light as he looked up and saw Song Jingyi walking in with a cool demeanor. When he saw what Song Jingyi was holding, his eyebrows twitched. After a moment of silence, he continued to maintain an expressionless look.

Song Jingyi seemed to be in a good mood and smiled in a complacent manner, "How's it going? Are you comfortable? Chu Yu, you probably have not suffered this kind of torture before, so who are you trying to disgust by keeping up that kind of appearance? I bet you want to cry out for your big brother right now, no?"

Chu Yu simply looked at him lightly.

As if he had been punched in the gut, Song Jingyi's smile wavered, and his gaze grew frosty. He stared at Chu Yu with malevolent and cruel eyes. "Chu Yu, do you really see yourself as blessed? You were merely born with a silver spoon in your mouth, that's why you could openly receive all the acclaim from others! Who do you think you are?!"

Chu Yu suddenly laughed and whispered, "And who do you think you are?"

As soon as he said that, a clear, crisp "smack" rang out. Chu Yu was slapped so hard his head tilted to one side. His left cheek stung in pain and the faint metallic taste of blood rose in his mouth. He frowned and turned back, still looking flatly at Song Jingyi.

Song ​J​ingyi laughed angrily. "​It seems that you haven't fully understood the situation​ you are in now. ​Third Young ​Master Chu,​ let me show you ​the reality​!​"​

​Having said that, he raised the object in his hands​.

It was a long whip covered with rows of barbs. If ​someone were to be flogged ​with this kind of whip, even if they did not die their skin would be completely ripped off. ​Chu Yu initially thought he would go weak in the knees with fear, but then even when Song Jingyi activated the switch to drain the water, and even when he prepared to wield the whip, Chu Yu was calm.

This was only going to be a little superficial pain...

The raised whip cut through the air with a clear sound. Chu Yu's eyebrows twitched, and he slowly closed his eyes. The next moment, he felt intense pain light up from his waist. It hurt when it hit him, and it hurt as well when it was retracted.

Chu Yu almost could not breathe. His breath hitched, and it took him a long time to ​​recover. But he had not managed to catch his breath for long when he was whipped again.