79

Chu Yu came to a decision and respectfully took Chu Sheng's hands as he stared into his brother's eyes. "Big brother, have you heard about Fu Chongyi?"

Chu Sheng was clearly thinking about something as he had lowered his eyes and only raised his head after a moment. He gave a slight frown and nodded his head.

"If I tell you that it was not a demonic cultivator who removed his arm, but he himself, big brother, would you believe me?"

Chu Sheng's breath hitched. "Little brother, big brother will naturally believe you, but..." How could Fu Chongyi mutilate himself?

He had yet to even finish his words when the color suddenly drained from his face. As if jolted by electricity, he abruptly extracted his hands from Chu Yu's hands and stared incredulously at his right hand.

This palm was slender and fair, exquisite and elegant.

Chu Yu said in a heavy voice, "I ran into Young Master Fu yesterday... He didn't even attempt to hide it. Big brother, Young Master Fu has given his hand to you. You... do you truly not have any feelings for him?"

Chu Sheng shook his head almost reflexively. As he met Chu Yu's clear black eyes, his expression suddenly turned anguished. "Little brother, you know it too. Big brother can't... Big brother can't let father and mother down. Big brother can't fail the Chu clan."

"Neither father nor mother would want to see you like this either." Chu Yu sighed. "Big brother, Fu Chongyi forbade me to tell you this. He originally thought that after releasing these rumors, you would not suspect your right hand even if you were both to meet again."

Chu Sheng lowered his eyes, his long eyelashes concealing the expression in them. At first glance, he seemed composed, yet his body trembled. After a long time, he asked in a quivering voice, "He... how is he?"

Seeing that Chu Sheng was still so hesitant, Chu Yu would need to give him the shock treatment...

These two men needed to straighten things out between them. Whether the outcome was good or bad, it was still better than leaving things ambiguous between them.

He would consider it as his repayment for a debt of gratitude...

With his mindset, Chu Yu's expression turned solemn as his gaze dimmed. "He... is at death's door; he doesn't have long to live. Big brother, if you don't clear it up with him this time, I'm afraid you will not have another chance in the future..."

Chu Yu did not look like he was lying. When Chu Sheng heard it, his face turned ghastly white and his thin body swayed. If Chu Yu had not been carefully holding on to him, he would have collapsed to the ground.

Chu Yu called out in a low voice. "Big brother?"

"... I'm fine." Chu Sheng shook his head. His expression was vacant as if he did not fully understand the meanings behind Chu Yu's words. After a while, he seemed to have come to an important decision. He suddenly grabbed hold of Chu Yu's hands and said apologetically, "Little brother, big brother... will have to leave Jin He for a few days."

"Alright." Chu Yu felt relieved and smiled. "Big brother, no matter what your decision is, I'll always support you."

Chu Sheng forced a smile and embraced Chu Yu. He patted him on the back, nudged against his soft hair, and said in a hoarse voice, "Little brother, big brother has sorted things out with the rest of the Righteous sects. They already have released news that they are willing to accept the Yuncuo commoners. Do whatever you want." Then, his face turned serious. "Only one thing. Don't force yourself. And never ever put yourself in danger."

Chu Yu nodded prudently.