82: EXTRA(2)

Chapter 82: Extra: Bronze Mirror (2)

Chu Yu had only just woken up when Xie Xi had tormented him to the point he was so tired he fell right back asleep. Xie Xi held him in his arms and sat up. He gently caressed Chu Yu's face and looked down at the slight frown and fatigue on his face. Lowering his head, he kissed the corner of Xie Xi's lips, then pulled the quilt up to cover his body. Only then did he reach out to grab the bronze mirror again.

While the two of them had been going at it, the scene inside had already switched to show a cave.

Xie Xi focused his attention on it and could not help but feel startled.

The Chu Yu in the image was just a small figure. It looked like the time they had gone to Mei Yin Valley in Yuncuo. Then, Xie Xi's killing instinct had been ignited, and he had suddenly passed out. Chu Yu had taken him to a mountain cave... He did not remember what happened afterward; all he knew was that he had hurt Chu Yu by mistake.

He was... strangling Chu Yu.

Chu Yu's face was flushed red. There was a pained look on his face. It was as if he would breathe his last any time now.

Xie Xi felt cold all over. The bronze mirror fell to the ground from his hands with a "clang". He did not pick it up, but fearfully hugged Chu Yu tightly in his arms as he looked at the latter's peaceful sleeping face. In a low voice, he called out, "Shixiong."

Chu Yu seemed to have heard him in his sleep and mumbled a vague response.

"Shixiong... Shixiong..." Xie Xi held him and murmured. He took a deep breath. It was only when he calmed down that he dared to pick up the bronze mirror once more and continue watching.

Chu Yu ached all over when he woke up.

He moved his body and realized that someone was embracing him tightly from behind with their hands clasped around Chu Yu's waist and legs over Chu Yu's. There were long puffs of breath on the top of his head. When he closed his eyes, it was as if he could hear a powerful heartbeat.

"Shidi?" Chu Yu found it strange. He could let it go when Xie Xi was not by his side when he woke up earlier. But this was the first time that Xie Xi was still asleep when he woke up.

Could it be that... he was overtired from doing all that?

Chu Yu could not figure it out. He gently pried away Xie Xi's hands, wanting to get up and check the time. He had slept so much he was now confused and would be unable to tell day from night. He did not know what had possessed Xie Xi last night for him to become so... worked up.

The hands around his waist tightened. It took Chu Yu quite a while to pry them apart. Just as he was about to stand up, he was hauled back. Chu Yu was terribly pissed, but before he could utter any words of reproach, he heard a sob in his ears. "Shixiong... Shixiong, don't leave..."

Was he having another nightmare?

Helpless, Chu Yu turned over to face Xie Xi. It was then he noticed the latter was frowning. His eyes were tightly shut, and there was a faint layer of red at the corners of his eyes as if he had been crying earlier.

Chu Yu was momentarily stumped before it dawned on him. He thought back to last night, where Xie Xi had deliberately tormented him until he fell asleep. He hurriedly searched the ring, but as expected, he did not find the bronze mirror.