88: EXTRA

Chapter 88 - Extra: The Story of Chu Sheng And Fu Chongyi That Must Be Told

How long has it been since he had felt such panic and fear?

Chu Sheng's eyes blurred as he pursed his lips tightly and did his utmost to ride his sword. It was as if time was flowing in reverse beside him, and he could not grasp hold of it no matter how hard he tried.

He even felt his head hurting: Fu Chongyi might not have long to live?

What kind of person was Fu Chongyi? He was like water, gentle and calm on the outside, but flexible and tough on the inside. And, he had his crazy moments... like the arm now affixed on him.

His heart felt so stifled that he was flustered. It felt so terrible that his eyes stung. Chu Sheng absent-mindedly recalled his first encounter with Fu Chongyi.

Chu Sheng was gentle and indecisive by nature. His father, Chu Shuangtian, was worried that he would be too powerless to take over the Chu clan and protect his younger brother in the future, so he ordered him to travel around the world to toughen up. Aware of his own shortcomings, Chu Sheng made up his mind to come to Jin He. When he first arrived at Jin He, he met Fu Chongyi.

The man dressed in aqua was pure, bright, and as gentle as jade. There was a trace of a smile on his eyes. He was not exceedingly handsome, but like the spring breeze, he was pleasing to the eye and made a favorable impression on others.

At first, Chu Sheng wanted to make the acquaintance of such a distinguished person.

This idea was shattered at the moment Fu Chongyi's fox pounced on him.

When they were young, Chu Yu and Chu Yu's second elder brother had been scratched by wild foxes on the mountain. Since then, Chu Sheng had a bad impression of foxes. Furthermore, he was a bit of a germaphobe. He was already restrained enough not to hack the fox to death when the fox nudged its face against his.

Fu Chongyi was still smiling at the side. "It likes you very much."

Chu Sheng pulled a long face, not wanting to speak to him. But he still managed to squeeze out a smile to return his greeting.

After this incident, the desire to make his acquaintance dimmed. He did not expect both of them to be assigned to a cultivator's squad the next day. Fu Chongyi was to lead, while he was to assist.

Most of the righteous path cultivators were even more proud and arrogant than the demonic cultivators. What's more, Chu Sheng and Fu Chongyi were both young and did not introduce themselves. The patrol had only just begun when someone put on airs and voiced their discontent.

Other than issues concerning Chu Yu, Chu Sheng could not toughen his stance when it came to other matters. He was still considering how to persuade these people when Fu Chongyi went up to them to ease the tension. It did not take long for him to get on familiar terms with them. Their relationship was pretty good as they fraternized with each other.

Resourceful and socially adept, Fu Chongyi always had a way to convince these people.

Naturally, Chu Sheng could not be compared to him. He felt depressed when he thought about how he had been lectured by his parents about this. The more he looked at Fu Chongyi, the more he felt that he was like the fox in his arms.