18| The Shrieking Shack

Reader's POV

It was my last day of detention and I had just learned more spells like Stupefy, Flipendo, Immobulus and Rictusempra this afternoon. I'm totally ready for tomorrow.

Wait until Black sees my impressive skills at duelling.

It was already Saturday, I spent the rest of the day thinking of a way on how to get to the Shrieking Shack. There's got to be a shortcut.

Maybe I could ask Professor Moony how to get to the Shrieking Shack, since he always goes their to the full moon. No, it would be too obvious if I ask him.

It would be tricky since the Whomping Willow would injure me if I get too close to it.

No, I have to ask him.

Around 5:45 in the evening I marched from my dormitory to Professor Moony's office.

"Hello (y/n)." said Professor Moony, who was busy organizing books in his shelf.

"Hello Professor Moony!" I said. "And how did you know it was me?"

"Just a lucky guess." he smirked.

I chuckled and suddenly remembered the reason why I came to his office.

"Oh Professor Moony I forgot to tell you something. I should've asked you this a long time actually."

I said, scratching my hair. "What is it?" he asked.

"How do you get to the Shrieking Shack by the way? You know, without getting hit by the Whomping Willow; I'm just curious." I said.

"Well, you have to be fast to avoid getting hit by its branches. But here's my technique nowadays, just cast 'Immobulus', and it'll stop." Professor Moony explains.

I nodded my head as I listened.

"And then after you manage to get pass the Whomping Willow," the professor continued. "You have to get through the secret passageway and you find a tunnel. Just go straight and you arrive at the Shrieking Shack in no time. Did you understand?"

"Yeah," I said. "First cast Immobulus, then go through the tunnel, then the Shrieking Shack. Got it! Thanks Professor Moony!"

"Your welcome my little witch. And why would you want to go there?" he said.

I froze, I quickly came up with an excuse. "Oh er, everybody's just scared to go there and I just figured out why not venture there. To prove that the Shack is not haunted."

"Are you sure?" said Professor Moony, unsure. "Your arm is still injured, you might hurt yourself further. I'm coming with you." He stood up from his seat.

"NO!" I screamed, stopping him. "Er, I mean, I can do it alone, I don't need help. No offense."

It took a few moments for him to believe me, but I finally convinced him. We all had our dinner at 6:00 pm. I ate quickly and 6:15 pm I was finished and then packed some roast chicken, mashed potatoes, other treats and pumpkin juice in case I get hungry in the Shrieking Shack or Black wanted to eat.