(8) Sacrifice

1207 words
As the tracker ninja took the body of Zabuza away, And Team 7 started off to Tazuna's house. Naruto knelt in front of m/n's body, "Aren't we going to bury him.." Kakashi's gaze softened, "Sorry but that would take too much time...we have to keep going-" he grunted, feeling himself slip away from consciousness. "KAKASHI-SENSEI!"

•••

As the team dragged their sensei with them, a chuckle came from a tree not far from there. "Sorry I had to do that, but this was for the best." The mysterious person stood up, vanishing from their perch. Kneeling in front of m/n's body, "Sorry I had to use your body...but you tried to kill Naruto..." as the stranger stood up, m/n's body slowly morphed into one of the ninja brothers the team ran into.

The stranger knelt down by the body, their thumb, index and middle finger stretched out. Digging out the body's eyes gingerly. As they held the sparkling pearls, a tear fell from the stranger's eye. "I'm sorry I had to use your eyes.." they took off their cloak to reveal, m/n. With his bandages soaking in his tears, "...I'm sorry....mother..." his grip on his mother's eyes tightened as he held it to his face, kissing it gingerly.

Suddenly, he froze as cold metal meets his skin. Pressing down roughly, but not enough to cut him. "What do you want." m/n turned his head to see the tracker ninja mask. "I need to kill you before you hurt Zabuza. You are a possible threat to this mission." The masked person said, m/n chuckled, grasping the stranger's armed hand, twisting it to behind their head, against the throat. "Did you really think I would fall for your little disguise. A real tracker ninja from the land hidden in the mist would've killed me on the spot. Not try and have a little chitchat."

M/n pushed the ninja away from him, a cheshire cat like smile spreading on his face. "Now if you'll excuse me. I have a job to do~"

•••

It's been a couple of weeks since m/n had faked his death, but he had lots to do. He was hitting up the hideouts where Gato's men were stationed. Leaving not one alive.

As the sun rose, he looked at the bridge from a distance, "Their coming. I need to be prepared. That crossdresser will be there soon." He giggled, leaning back to observe the fight that was waiting to happen. Waiting for the right time to join the fight, "I'll only join when the time is right, I guess.."

Haku looked inside his dome of ice mirrors, kunai clutched tightly in his hand. As he was about to fling it towards Sasuke who was writhing in pain. A shuriken comes out of no where, hitting Haku in the face. M/n chuckled from his perch, "So Naruto finally arrived. I'll have to get ready. You don't know how much of a pain you are Naruto.."

As he stood up from the branch, he smiled softly, "But a cute pain in the ass." M/n pulled up his hood, so they wouldn't recognize him, as well as masking his chakra signature. As he turned to look at the scene at the bridge, he gasped as Zabuza launched some shuriken at Naruto. He leaped from his perch, flinging two kunai at towards the shuriken. 'Damn Naruto! Once you arrive you go and get yourself kill!' M/n sweat dropped, flickering in front of Naruto holding up his hand which caught the last shuriken. But not quick enough for it to not hurt him. It had lounged itself into m/n's hand.

Naruto looked up at the stranger, 'Who the heck is this dude?!?' he thought angrily, frustrated that someone had saved him..again. The stranger, turned to him with their hood up, "Protecting you dumbass." They giggled lightly, making Naruto blush.

"Oi! Don't you see that you're protecting the wrong people? Gato sure is a complete idiot to hire someone like you!" Zabuza boomed angrily. Making m/n smirk, facing Zabuza. He suddenly stuck his tongue out, holding up a thumbs down, "DUMBASS! Do you actually think I came here to protect YOU! Please!"

He suddenly released a bloodthirsty aura, "Don't even try me, COWBOY!" Zabuza looked at him confused but still angry, "What do mean 'cowboy'?!" M/n laughed hysterically, "Let me sum it up for you, MooMoo-chi! You have those ridiculous ankle things on you!"

•••

M/n gritted his teeth when he saw Naruto sneak in the ice dome to 'save' Sasuke. "Naruto! You dumbass! You're gonna get-" M/n froze in place as he saw both Naruto and Sasuke get bombarded with needles. As the duo tried to act on many of their plans they thought up on the spot. The world seemed to go in slow motion, another painful moment m/n had felt when his mother died. His breathing quickened, cold sweat running down his neck as he saw Naruto with needles lounging itself on his body. His hair stood up as he saw Sasuke begin to run in front of the unconscious Naruto. Without thinking, he flickers inside the dome, Pushing Sasuke out of the way, although some needles pierced Sasuke's neck. Making him go unconscious.

As a ringing in m/n's ears crowds his sense of hearing. His hood in shreds, needles deeply wounding his liver and lungs. M/n turns to Naruto who had woken up to see the one who supposedly died stand in front of him now. "M-M/n...?" he reached out towards the (h/c) haired boy. At this time, m/n's ears had stopped ringing. He felt his breathes become shorter, his bandages loosening due to it also being shredded with the cloak he wore. M/n collapsed in Naruto's arms, slowly opening his eyes to reveal his beautiful pearly black irises. Naruto widened his eyes, shakily, he said, "Why didn't you say you were alive idiot!"

M/n chuckled, "This is the thanks I get for saving your life..although...it was worth it..." he looked into his friend's ocean blue eyes. M/n slowly put his hand on Naruto's cheek, cracking a smile. "I would do anything for you, Naruto. You're worth the sacrifice. Ha...you're such a pain....not to mention an idiot..." Naruto pulled m/n closer to him, big teardrops running down his cheeks, falling on m/n's paling, dirt covered face. And with one shaky breathe, m/n smiled widely, "But you'll always be my idiot....heh.."

As m/n's hand left Naruto's cheek and fell limp, Naruto faced Haku, who was in his ice mirror. Suddenly, visible, red chakra surrounded both m/n and Naruto. Haku felt shivers run down his spine, "W-What is this.." Naruto growled as his canine teeth got sharper and his glossy, ocean blue eyes turned into a deep red. "I'll....I'll....KILL YOU FOR THIS!"

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸, ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸
A/n: hello! I hope u had a good Turkey day! Srry this took awhile, I wanted to write a long(ish) chapter for y'all!!!

JA NE!