3

Hi so few things
1. I changed the layout so lmk what you think
2. I made a oneshot book so feel free to check it out. I'm waiting for requests
3. I'm not sure where I'm going with this story so bear with me
4. I'm writing wil and Schlatt as I imagine they act off screen, however I'm writing tommy as how he acts on screen for comedic relief.
5. Thank you to the two people who commented and the 5 people who voted this for number one. It means a lot.
Enjoy this chapter! It's longer than the last
Song: Home by Edith Whiskers
———————————

Outside, the air had warmed, although the breeze that blew by had a slight chill to it. The sun was setting below the trees, casting shadows that grew the lower it sunk. Leaves crunched under Wilburs sneakers as he and Schlatt walked across the yard.

His dad's car was gone but neither mentioned it. Wil wished Schlatt would tell him how was feeling. Even after all the years they'd been friends, Schlatt was so goddamn hard to read, with his blank stares and quiet demeanour. Even now he was silent, kicking at the frostbitten ground.

Wilbur could tell Schlatt was waiting for him to say something, anything. Little did he know Wilbur was doing the same.

Schlatt beat him to it.
"Isn't fall your favourite season?" He asked, looking up. Wilbur was ahead of him, but he stopped walking at the question.
"Yeah, it is" more silence.
"Isn't winter yours" Wilbur was desperate to fill the silence. He hated it.
"I guess. I enjoy most seasons. Fuck summer though."
"Seriously Schlatt? What did summer ever do to you?!" Wil covered his chest, mouth open in mock offence. Schlatt scoffed.
" It's always too goddamn hot"
" Well, we get to hang out more in the summer" Wilbur bargained. Schlatt looked over at him and smiled.
"Yeah, I guess that's true."

" Oh my god, Schlatt looked" Wilbur shoved a small plant in schlatts face.
"It's a four-leaf clover!"
"Wilbur are you 5?" Schlatt laughed when Wil shot him an irked look.
" Well I think it's cool, and frankly I don't give a fuck what you think" at that he turned and stalked away from Schlatt.

"Oh, Wilbur you don't mean that" Schlatt chased after the taller man.
"Yes I most certainly do"
"Oh really?" Schlatt stopped in front of him, pushing him backwards.

The shorter man was crowding up against him, getting very close to Wils face. He didn't trust himself to not pull something. A light blush fell over Wils cheeks and he let a small gasp, averting eye contact with Schlatt. His heart was pounding so hard it hurt.

" Did you mean it, Wilbur?" Schlatt asked, and Wil dared to look at his eyes. They were filled with mock innocence, and Wilbur realized he knew exactly what he was doing. Schlatt knew how Wil felt and how flustered he was.

"No I didn't" Wilbur breathed, and Schlatt smiled smugly.
"I knew you didn't" he turned away and started walking towards Wils house again. Wil let out a breathed, realizing he'd been holding it that entire time, and smoothed out his jacket. His entire body felt hot, and his breathing was still irregular.

"Are you coming?" Schlatt called back. There was a large distance between the two now.
"Ye-yeah" Wilbur choked out, unsure as to weather Schlatt heard him. He must've because he sent Wil a thumbs up and continued walking. Wil had to run to catch up.

When they arrived at Wilburs the sun had already set and the first stars were making their appearances in the night sky. The air had cooled significantly since the afternoon, and Wil was glad to be out of the cold.

" I apologize if Tommy bugs you he-"
"HELLO BIG MAN SCHLATT"
Wil rubbed the bridge of his nose, groaning, and Schlatt snickered.
The sixteen-year-old had greeted the pair at the door.
"Get out of the way Tommy" Wilbur pushed the blonde boy away from the doorway, motioning for Schlatt to come in.
"PHIL WIL PUSHED ME"
"OH MY GOD TOMMY WILL YOU SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE" Wilbur shouted. Schlatt was leaning against the doorway, laughing like a mad man when Phil yelled from the kitchen.
"Tommy leave your brother alone. Does he act like this when Tubbos over?"
"No bu-"
"Tommy."
He threw his hands up in frustration and stomped to his room, slamming the door behind him.
"Sorry about that" Wil said to Schlatt, who was looking at the photos hung all over the entryway. He seemed to be focused on one from when Wilbur was about nine or ten. He's standing by a lake, fishing rod in hand showing off the small fish he'd managed to capture.

Tommy was beside him grasping an ice cream cone that was pretty much melted.

On Wils other side was Techno, who was holding a pail of rocks he'd found. When they returned home he had added them to his collection. All three had giant grins plastered across their faces.

Seeing the picture reminded Wil of his mental note to check in Techno, but when he looked down the hall he saw his bedroom light was off and the door was slightly closed. He must still be gone. Wil didn't have time to worry because Phil was calling them to dinner.

Schlatt and Wilbur sat next to each other. Their elbows bumped as they both reached for their forks, and Wilbur rushed to apologize.
"Oh sorry I didn't mean to it was an-"
"Wil calm the fuck down" Schlatt interrupted, quickly saying sorry to Phil once he realized he'd sworn.

"Oh, it's fine" Phil reassured him." I'm used to it with how much these two fight" He winked at Wilbur.

"Tommy stop sulking and come eat"
The sixteen-year-old popped his head out of his room
"I'm not sulking" he snapped, trudging to the table. Wilbur could feel him glaring at him. Tommy and Wil always fought, but this time Wil felt bad. He hadn't meant to embarrass Tommy in front of someone he looked up to, and he knew how shitty it felt.

"Hey Tommy" Schlatt wiped his face with his napkin." was wondering if you'd want to play Minecraft or something after-"

"I THOUGHT YOUD NEVER ASK BIG S" He shouted, clapping aggressively. "I KNEW YOU COME AROU-"

"Tommy doesn't shout at the table" Phil reminded the blonde sternly.

"Sorry Phil," he said, however, Wil could hear him whispering to himself about how great this was going to be. Even though he was a pain in the ass, Wilbur did find Tommy endearing. Only sometimes.

"Thanks, Schlatt" Wilbur whispered.

"Oh, it's no problem. Plus it's better than hanging out with your boring ass" Schlatt laughed at Wilburs offended look.
"TRUEEEEEE" Tommy chimed in smugly, however, the smug look quickly turned to fear when Wilbur stood up, glaring at him.

"GET OVER HERE YOU BASTARD" Wil yelled running towards Tommy, who yelped and dashed from the table. Wilbur chased Tommy through the living room, the younger crying out the entire time.
"PHIL, SCHLATT, SOMEONE HELP ME". His cries were cut off when Wil tackled him, shoving him into the couch where he began attacking him with a throw pillow.

Schlatt and Phil were still sat at the table losing their minds. Schlatt was happy to be around a normal functioning family for once. Wilbur was just glad Schlatt was smiling again.