Chapter 11 -Dancing Snake-

The entirety of Christmas break consisted of me lying on my bedroom floor while listening to the cassette tape. I listened to it for hours on end, trying to find any any clue or hint that might unveil the mystery gift giver. In spite of me deciphering every lyric of every song on the entire tape, there was absolutely nothing.

There were no hints and the whole ordeal was completely and utterly pointless. However, the songs chosen for the tape were fantastic and obviously a lot of thought went into the gift. The tape included The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Queen, and ACDC. I absolutely loved every single song on the tape especially the song Black Dog by Led Zeppelin which was currently blasting in my ears.

We were getting ready to leave to return to Hogwarts and I was dancing down the staircase while dragging my luggage. Enveloping myself in the music, I felt a smile grow on my face, whoever made this tape has really good taste. I looked down the stairs to see Draco signaling me by waving his arms excessively.

"You look like you're having a bloody seizure." Draco says distastefully while I thrash my head to the music.

"And you look like someone who is about to have my wand shoved up their ass." I threaten and put my Walkman away.

"Well sis in order to do that you would have to catch me." Draco dashes through the hallways towards the living room where Lucius and Narcissa are waiting. I let out a mumbled curse and follow him in a mad dash so that I could at least attempt to kick his ass. Sadly, he had already made his way into the living room and grabbed Narcissa's hand. I walk over to Lucius and take his hand while giving Draco a death glare.

All of us apparate to the platform where hundreds of other families are ushering their children onto the train. Lucius gives us his signature nod goodbye while Narcissa brings us both into hugs. I go to grab Draco's hand but realize that he had sprinted ahead, probably still afraid I would continue with my threat.

I let out a sigh and bend over to pick up my luggage, dropping my tape in the process. Reaching out to grab it, someones hand beats me to it and quickly snatches it off the ground. I grit my teeth and look up to see a specific ginger prat holding the tape above my head tauntingly.

"Give me my tape back now before I do even more damage to that thing you call a face." I snarl and attempt to grab it form his hands. Seeing this, he holds the tape even higher in the air so that the only way to reach it is by jumping.

"Why don't you just take it Rees, come on you can do it." He grins and continues to dangle my tape in the air. I groan and jump up to grab it, but the stupid ginger happened to be quite tall and my fingertips merely brushed the bottom of the Walkman.

"Fuck you Weasley don't you think you've tormented me enough already." I coldly remark and cross my arms. Looking up at him, I think I see a flash of regret in his eyes but brush it off as my imagination. He brings the device down and places it in my hands, enclosing it tightly in my palms.

"Think of it as my apology, not that you deserve one Snake." With that he turns away and rejoins his other half, leaving me a fuming mess. Rolling my eyes, I get on board the train and tick down the time until we arrive at Hogwarts.

Fred Weasley's Pov :

I had decided over break that it would probably be best to stop avoiding the Slytherin girl and return to our old habits. This was mostly because I didn't want her to think that I felt bad about what I did to her or was avoiding her out of guilt. No, I would continue to make her life a living hell because that is what she has done to me over the past years. Hence why on my way to the the train I had mocked her so that all would go back to as it was.

When we arrived at Hogwarts I spent the remainder of the day pulling pranks and occasionally bothering the Snake.On our way back to the common room I heard Lee suddenly giggle quietly. George looks at me in confusion and we both shift our gazes to Lee,who was trying not to erupt in laughter.

"Look ." Lee whispers while clutching his stomach and motioning towards the end of the Hallway.There stood Delilah Rees thrashing her head and playing the air guitar, no doubt to one of her muggle songs. George and I both started to laugh at the ridiculous sight along with Lee .

The girl continues to dance unaware to our laughter and I couldn't help but smile. She looked completely stupid but she appeared to be having fun for once in her miserable life. Eventually, our laughter died down when she rounded the corner and disappeared from our view.

"Now that was the highlight of my day." George snickers and nudges me in the arm.

"It was definitely a sight to remember , she looked like a bloody lunatic." Lee begins to  mimic her dancing and the way she flailed her body about.

" She looked bloody stupid , no wonder she doesn't go to any parties." I begin to join Lee in the imitation of Delilah and we all are a laughing mess when entering the portrait hole.

"Well look at that, my two beaters finally decided to come up to bed... AT TWELVE FUCKING O CLOCK!" Oliver roared an I nervously scratched the back of my neck. Our quidditch captain was being a little more uptight than usual due to our upcoming game with Ravenclaw.

"Sorry about that Wood, we just ran into a peculiar sight along the way." George butted in while Oliver stood in front of us, his face set in anger.

"Well I hope you won't be so easily distracted on the Quittich pitch tomorrow. This game will determine whether or not we have a chance at the house cup, and I am not going to lose it because my beaters didn't get enough sleep." He looks at us expectantly, and we let out a mumbled apology and dart up the stairs to bed.

Wood can definitely be scary sometimes, especially when it comes to the game. George falls asleep rather fast, taking Oliver's screaming as an excuse to actually get sleep. I on the other hand was sitting on my bed,brainstorming prank ideas for the first years and the Slytherins. Running out of ideas, I began to doodle at the top of my page and let the pencil flow carelessly through my fingers.

When I finally registered what I had drawn, I let out a muffled laugh. There on the page, was Delilah Rees playing air guitar and the words maniac written above it. I continued to laugh and crumbled up the paper, throwing it in the trash. Letting my laughter die down I pulled out another piece of paper and continued to brainstorm, still thinking back to the dancing snake.