2. Welcome to Beach City

Your P.O.V.

As we made our way out of the temple that I was trapped in, we found a way to an exit. And upon exiting the temple, I was met with a very bright and blinding light. It took me a moment to adjust to the light so I could get a more clear visual of my surroundings.

And it looked like we were surrounded by big wooded objects with small green things on them. As well as some weird green tentacle like things and some small green stuff on the ground. I have no idea what any of this stuff could be, and where we were. Then they lead me to some circular crystal thing that had seemed to be attached to the ground.

Y/n: Steven, what is this contraption?

Steven: Wait, you don't know what the warp pads are?

Y/n: No, it is either something I have forgotten or it just hasn't been created before I was imprisoned. So exactly how does this "warp pad" work?

Steven: Well, gems use it to travel to different parts of a planet.

Y/n: Interesting, so these "warp pads" are a form of teleportation devices?

Garnet: Correct.

Then Steven hoped onto the "warp pad" and gestured me to follow. So I did and he tried to explain how it was used.

Steven: Ok, so what you want to do is--

Bit before he could finish, the "warp pad" had already activated. And it had caught not only his attention, but the others attention as well.

Steven: Woah, how did you do that?

Y/n: Honestly, I just only thought of the name you said before Beach City. And it looks like this device transforms mass into light particles in order to transport them to a new location, clever.

Steven: Woah, I didn't know they worked like that. I just thought it was magic, did you guys know?

Amethyst: Steven, I barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone how the warp pads work.

Garnet: I didn't.

Steven: What about you, Pearl?

Pearl: In a way, yes, but the warp pads can be described in many different ways Steven.

This really seemed to interest Steven for some reason. It's as if he hardly knew anything about what gems are. After another minute or two, the light had died down. When it did, we were in some weird structure with all sorts of strange devices.

Steven: Welcome to the temple! This is the home for us gems, and now it's your home now too, Y/n.

I started to look around at all the weird devices they had. And I was really interested in what they were and how they worked. After a couple minutes of looking around, I found some weird wooden steps that lead to another level. When I arrived at the top, I had found some strange rectangular device.

Y/n: Steven, what is this weird rectangular device?

Steven: That's a bed, Y/n.

Y/n: What's a "bed?"

Steven: Its what humans use for sleep.

Y/n: What is "sleep?"

Steven: Well, you just lay down, close your eyes, and think about nothing.