chapter 6

it was the beginning of a new day. a very intriguing day might I add. you would be put in a very interesting series of events.
                                              •
"fuck", you whisper under your breath as you rush to put your books in your bag. you were running late for school because the night before you were studying for a big upcoming test. you fell asleep while doing so, forgetting to set an alarm.

you rush out of the house, not paying attention to your surroundings. you suddenly bump right into someone's back.

"oh shit, sorry," you say as you jog past, not noticing who it was or really even paying attention. you also didn't notice that you dropped a very important textbook.

the other person not paying attention as well, too busy on their device to give it a second thought. however, after bumping into said school book, they realized it was in front of them. they spot a person a bit away, noticing that this was probably their textbook.

"oi, you dropped something." the person yells.

you turn around and you both realize who the other person was.

"yea, thanks." you say sarcastically, almost snatching the textbook out of his hand, but he raises his arm higher.

"look at shorty being clumsy AND late for school? this must not be your day."

"i know dude, just give me the book back." you lay on a straight face and stick your palm out.

"nahh, I needed one anyway." he shoves the book under his arm and continues walking. he plugs a headphone piece into his ear and starts to play a song on his phone.

"no suna please i-" you were cut off by accidentally tripping on a dent in the concrete and falling onto him. he then falls with you straight onto the  sidewalk, right on his back.

"ow fuck, you bitch." suna whines, putting his head back. he puts his hand under his back, trying to rub the spot that impacted the most.

you both then realize what was going on. you were on top of the emerald-eyed boy. you both stare at each other for a moment before you snatch the book from his hand and start jogging.

"appreciate it!" you yell back towards him laughing, while he sat upon the sidewalk, still rubbing his back. he tried to say a nasty retort back but you were already far enough to where you wouldn't be able to hear even if he did.

you realized how hot your face was from the little incident occurring moments before. a little smile then lay on your face from seeing the boy off guard, watching his eyes almost protrude out of his sockets.

•••

class started with you entering the class moments to spare. soon after, suna entered when the teacher began teaching, getting an earful.

the teacher had to step out for a moment so the class began chattering. aiko was talking to this boy she had quite the crush on, mori being his name. the boy she mentioned yesterday, quickly going into her house after not giving you any time to question or tease about the said boy.

you were working on the worksheet the teacher passed out before she left the class.

you then feel a tug on your hair.

you turned around and felt a big hang grab your face. your cheeks were squished against your lips harshly.

"don't start what you can't finish y/n," suna whispers into your ear softly. his hot breath hitting your ear made your heart race. you felt his cold rings against your skin, giving the littlest bit of chill to your heated face.

you look up at him into his eyes. you wanted to say something very risqué (sike girl you thought) but that's when the teacher walked back in, everyone shutting their once opened mouths. suna let go of your face and you whipped your head forward. you hear him chuckle behind you as you slam your head into your hands, your one victory turning into defeat.

as you calm yourself down, you hear someone call your name. "y/n, are you still going with me tonight?" aiko pouts, laying her chin on your desk.

"of course, wouldn't miss it for the world," you say giving her a warm smile.

"you're too sweet y/n, gonna make me cry." aiko says, wiping away fake tears.

you guys both giggle and lean back in your seats.

•••

the bell never came slower a day in your life. you grabbed your bag and met up with katsumi & hiroki outside the front of the school.

"ayy I missed you guys!" you say walking up to them.

"we missed you too!" hiroki states and katsumi nods her head in agreement.

"where were you both?" you had a fair amount of suspicions but you kept them to yourself. you didn't want either of them to feel uncomfortable.

"well, I was visiting my older sister, helping her pack into her new home. not sure about katsumi." hiroki says, looking over at the dark-haired girl.

"oh, I was taking care of my mom. she was feeling a bit under the weather." katsumi says quietly.

"tell her I said I hope she feels better!" you exclaim.

you all head home, telling them about what you learned in class while they were absent.

"ughhh this teacher grinds my gears with all this work." hiroki states, sliding his hands down his face.

"yes, but it's somewhat easy. if you need help just send me a quick text!" you say to both of them. "also are you guys going to that party this guy 'mori' is hosting tonight?"

"yes, I was gonna ask you the same thing!" hiroki lights up in excitement.

"bet bet and what about you katsumi?"

"ehh parties aren't my thing, anyway I want to get all that school work done and over with," katsumi states, looking at the ground.

"don't work yourself to hard, see you guys!" you say, walking to the door of your apartment.

"okay, bye y/n!" hiroki and katsumi both say in unison.

•••

you sigh and lay back in your bed in a starfish position. the moments that happened in class with suna reoccurred in your breath and your face turns bright red.

"oh my fuckkkk." you rub your face.

after pushing away those past events, you then finally give in and put on the outfit. you stare at yourself in the mirror, checking to make sure everything fit well.

you sit in a chair in front of your mirror, putting on a playlist while you finish getting ready. you began curling your hair, lightly running your fingers through it to make sure the curls weren't tight.

you then put on some makeup, a little more than usual to fit the party mood.

you check the time and it was 7:53. just in time. you softly sing to the music playing out of the speaker, swaying your body left and right.

you were scared shitless out of your imaginary concert by hearing a loud knock at the door.

"who is it?" you yell.

"it's meeeee." you hear aiko yell back muffled behind the closed door.

"coming!" you yell back, pausing the music. you grabbed your necessities for the party and your phone, heading for the door.

you open the door and see aiko's face light up.