Chapter 11

"Hey Y/N! How was class with Freddie?"

Class with Freddie. Do I tell Tommy? I told him I'd let him know if Freddie made me uncomfortable, but I don't want to ruin their friendship.

"Y/N?"

"Oh, um it was- I don't know."

"What do you mean? You can tell me, I won't judge you."

"I know, it's just that, I don't want to ruin your guy's friendship. You guys have known each other much longer than I have, and it's rude of me to just come between that."

"I know, but I care about you. He has, well, he has made some girls at school uncomfortable. I don't want him to do that with you."

"You have to promise you won't let this come between you two."

"Swear."

He holds out his pinky and you do too. You link yours around his and take a deep breath.

"He touched my thigh. I didn't know what to do, you know. I froze up, but I hated it. I wanted to move."

"He grabbed your thigh out of nowhere!"

"Well, no. He leaned in and called me gorgeous, then, you know, grabbed my leg."

"God, that wanker! What makes him think he can do that! I am going to-"

"Tommy! You promised you wouldn't let this come between you and him! Please, I can't be the reason you lose him."

"Y/N, you aren't the reason. He has to know that what he's doing is wrong. I will talk to him."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong, Y/N."

"I don't know. Wanna head home?"

"Yeah, are we still setting up your PC?"

"Yep, if you want!"

"Yay! I'm excited! Let's get going."

He heads to the door and you follow him. He opens the door for you and you thank him. You feel really bad. You weren't sure why, but you couldn't help it. You mindlessly walk beside Tommy. You don't have any homework, so once you set your streaming stuff up, you would probably stream. Sheryl wouldn't be home, she worked as a nurse and was almost never home when you were. You didn't mind, though. You quite liked the quiet.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just spacing out."

"You're good! You just seemed quieter than usual."

You stay silent for a moment.

"So how was your last class? You had Anatomy, right?"

"Yeah. It was boring, lots of notes. What about you? Everyone says they love Mr. K"

"Yeah, he seems chill. The class is easy too, mostly stuffed I've already learned on my own through editing and stuff."

"Yeah, it will probably be an easy 9."

"Is that good?"

"Oh yeah! Sorry I forget we have different grading here. It's like one of the best grades you can get."

"You're good!"

You begin to approach your house when you see a car in the driveway. Was Sheryl home? You figured it wasn't her, though, since you knew she worked until late tonight.

Is it Josh?

"Fuck."

"What's wrong?"

"Um, my step-dad is home, I think. We should probably hang out another time."