one

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

"I'm telling you. This girl from my class is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life." Max Russo told his brother, Justin, for the third time on that day. "And I've seen lots of things!"

Justin rolled his eyes at his younger brother. "Max, you said the exact same thing about that Brianna chick."

Max frowned. "Yeah, so?"

"She was half a horse!"

The youngest Russo spread his arms out. "Do you have a problem with centaurs?"

Justin sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious, her name is Athena and she's just so..." Max sighed, a dreamy expression taking over his face.
Justin snorted.

But before either of them had the chance to say anything else about Max's crush on the new girl, their sister, Alex, and her best friend, Harper, entered the Waverly Sub Station with suspicious grins on their faces.

The girls stopped, gazing at the Russo brothers.

"What?" Max asked.

"What do you want, Alex?" Justin crossed his arms over his chest.

Alex frowned, dropping her smile. "Why do you guys always think something is up? Why can't I just-"

She stopped talking as she watched her brothers faces twisting in 'are you serious' expressions.

"Yeah, okay." She dropped the act.

Harper dropped her arms to her sides and walked over to the benches on the cashier.

"Alex has a crush on the new guy in biology class and she invited him over."

"You don't take biology." Max frowned, confused on how his sister had met the boy.

"Yeah, but Harper does and he's just so cute." Alex smiled, her brothers nodding in realization.

"And have we got to do with that?" Justin inquired.

Alex placed her arms around her brothers shoulders, hugging them.

"You guys are going to occupy his siblings so I can have Aaron all to myself."

"And why would we do that?" Max questioned.

"Because you guys love me so much?" The Russo sister tried to affirm, but it came out sounding more like a question.

"Not going to happen, Alex." Justin started, taking her arm off his shoulder. "I still haven't found Juliet and I-"

Alex shushed him, pointing at the door as the bell that hung over it rang, announcing that someone had entered their family's restaurant. "They're here!" She turned to Justin. "Please, Justin, just for a few hours?"