[06] muggle pong

Marlee's POV

George and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the common room while I helped him with his schoolwork. Many passed through including Lee, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, George's little brother. Lee said hi to George and he introduced us while on the other hand, Ron and George just argued about something having to do with Christmas.

"Sorry about him," George scoffed, "what a foul git he is." Ron rolled his eyes clearly hearing his brother talking about him. "Oi what about you, Marlee. Got any plans for Christmas?"

"I think I'm just staying here," I stated.

"Cho told me she's going to London?" Harry furrowed his brows. My sister talking to Harry? That was surprising. I thought she'd still be upset about her dead boyfriend.

"Yeah, she is but I'm not," I explained.

"What, why not?" questioned George.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I dunno, I just don't want to go."

George wasn't going to let this slide, "Oh c'mon if you're not going to London then you must come to The Burrow with us. Harry's coming. Hermione'll be there. Ang too."

Ron and Harry looked at each other hesitantly, almost like they were unsure if they wanted a total stranger spending the Holidays with them.

Acknowledging Harry and Ron's expressions I said, "I'm not sure if you noticed but I'm not really friends with any of those people."

"Don't worry, Mum loves guests." Ron assured me which took me by surprise considering what his initial reaction was.

George nudged my arm with his elbow. "C'mon, please?" he pouted.

"I'll think about it," I replied just so he'd shut up.

Then, Seamus Finnegan, Dean Thomas and Neville Longbottom came into the room, distracting Ron and Harry and they left us alone. Christmas wasn't for another two months so I hoped that George would forget about it. I really only knew George so that would be really awkward for everyone if I went.

Angelina's POV

Fred and I spent the whole day at Hogsmeade which was absolutely brilliant. We had been together for almost four months now.

As we approached the Fat Lady painting, some third years were walking in. Inside the common room, I saw George and Marlee sitting at one of the tables together.

"Oh my god," I muttered and cover my mouth with my hand.

"What?" Fred looked around, concerned.

I pointed through the door, "Look!"

Fred's eyes widened then he crossed his arms in approval. "Wow looks like my brother's got game after all!"

"Don't be so mean," Ginny said, walking past us and into the common room.

Marlee and George were laughing at something when they spotted all three of us.

"Is that...is that the Marlee?" Ginny froze and Fred elbowed her for being so obvious.

Marlee smiled, "Yes I am the Marlee. You must be Ginny. George talks about how much he loves you all the time." Marlee winked at Ginny which caused her to giggle.

"I do not!" protested George.

Fred, Ginny and I sat down opposite of the happy couple. "There's no denying it George," I said.

"Yeah c'mon how could you not love this adorable face," Marlee lightly pinched Ginny's cheeks as Ginny gave her best puppy eyes.

"She's twelve, not four," George rolled his eyes.