Chapter 5

A few days had passed since Cassie's talk with Tonks. She knew Tonks was still against Cassie wanting to join the fight, but that didn't stop her from thinking of ways to get in. Since Tonks wouldn't talk to anyone higher up in rank, she knew she had to take matters into her own hands to talk to someone who could give her real answers.

Her plan lead her to this moment. There was another Order meeting today due to Harry arriving the next day, so Cassie knew there would be plenty of Auror's here. Her plan though was to corner one in particular that could help her, Alastor Moody.

From previous meetings held, she noticed he was always the last to leave, which was pretty convenient seeing he was a high ranking Auror and Order member. Cassie planned to corner him on the way out and try desperately to get him to hear her out.

Cassie had been waiting in her room for about an hour and knew the meeting would be over soon, so she slowly started to tip-toe down the stairs. She crouched down against the railing to try to hear so she could know when Moody was passing by the stairs to leave.

"What are you doing?"

Cassie jumped out of surprise and turned to see Fred looking at her with amusement.

"What the fuck, Fred, don't sneak up on me like that," she whispered.

Fred chuckled, "Still didn't answer my question, now what are you doing dear Cassiopeia?"

Cassie groaned while pulling him down next to her, "Shut up will you? If you must know I'm trying to listen to the Order members so I can hear when someone specific is leaving."

Cassie watches as Fred starts to dig around in his pocket. He pulls out a large, rubber ear and hands it to her.

"Uh, what is this?" she questions.

"This, my darling Cassie, is a creation of George and I. Extendable Ear, let's you hear things from a distance, just drop it down to the floor."

Cassie beams, "Holy shit, you two are amazing this will make it so much easier. Never thought your idiotic creations would come in handy."

"Hey! I'll have you know our creations are very useful," Fred says.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, now either leave or shut up so I can listen," Cassie says with a roll of her eyes.

To her surprise, Fred remained seated on the steps next to her while Cassie listened to each Order member filing out one by one. Eventually after around 15 minutes Cassie heard the distinct sound of a wooden peg clank on the floor.

Cassie stands up quickly already making her way down before quickly turning her head around, "Thanks again, Fred, I owe you one!"

Without waiting to hear a reply Cassie continued her descent until she made it to the ground floor. She turned to her left to see Moody about to go out the door.

"Wait! Professor! Could I talk to you for a few minutes?" Cassie calls out to him.

"Cassiopeia? What do you want? Make it quick I have business to attend to." he responds.

"Look, I know I'm only 17 and haven't graduated or had any proper training yet, but I really want to fight in this war. I can't sit back and watch anymore. I want to become an Auror and be apart of the Order. I didn't know who else to talk to about this, I just really want this, I'd be willing to do anything." Cassie rambles on.

Moody seemed to be pondering her words as his eye dashes from left to right.

"This isn't some silly little Hogwarts club, it's war. Tell me, are you willing to kill people, be tortured for information, and even be killed? Because that's what you're signing up for."