Chapter 10: Awkward

I trusted Blaze enough to believe that he had told the truth about what had happened when I was drunk, and I could remember about half of it, plus random moments later on, so I wasn't too concerned.

I just wasn't sure if I should be feeling relieved or disappointed that nothing else had happened.

Nothing too major, just a kiss? No, it wouldn't have counted, I was drunk.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and slammed my locker shut, stomping off to math class.

"Jennifer?" Charlotte asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shook it off, and she retreated a step. "Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes and heaved a big breath. "I don't think so," I admitted.

"What happened?" Charlotte asked, concerned.

I hesitated, but went for the truth. "Nothing. And I don't know why I feel like this if nothing happened." I shook my head, upset.

"Maybe because nothing happened?" Charlotte offered softly.

I nodded then shook my head. "Maybe. I don't know. I just..."

She nodded, then looked over at the door. "Would he possibly have something to do with it?"

I looked I've to see Blaze and just sighed. "I guess he might. But I just honestly don't know."

"Well, he doesn't look too happy either." She noted. I looked closer.

"You might be right." I admitted. "I- can we talk about something else?"

"No need, it's time for class to start."

I ignored Blaze for most of the day, and to be honest, he didn't make much of a move to talk to me either. I didn't get detention, and I got a ride home with Brianna.

~~~~~

The next morning, as I was looking through my stack of books for the math one, a hand landed on my shoulder and turned me around so I was facing someone. Blaze. I shrunk a little, without knowing why, and Blaze winced.

"Look I don't know what I did, but I'm sorry and will you please talk to me again?" Blaze let out in a rush.

"What? No, I'm sorry, I don't know what you did either, I just... I'm a little confused, myself," I answered, frowning. A thought raced through my mind. Maybe I was just embarrassed because he had seen me while I was being stupid and drunk. I also though I might've said more than he had told me I had.

"Well, I don't want it to be like this, with you avoiding me," He said, frowning.

"It?" I asked, confused again.

"I don't know, hey, you know what, we should get to class," He said.

"Yeah..." I grabbed my book and shut the locker, looking back up at Blaze.

We walked to math class, close but not touching, and I wanted to move closer, just couldn't bring myself to.

We walked through the door, and I immediately turned to Charlotte for help.

"Charlotte. Help me," I said with wide eyes.

She whipped around and nodded at me. "Shoot."

"Well," I looked to see that Blaze was far enough away that he wouldn't hear, but I lowered my voice anyways. "You know how I kinda like Blaze right, well, something happened and I don't even know what but now things are really awkward between us and I don't know what to do and I need your help. Badly."

Charlotte nodded slowly, trying to process my rushed words. "You talked to him in detention those times, right?" She asked. I nodded. "And does he have friends in detention?"

"Usually," I said, unsure as to where this was going.

"And are you okay with those friends?"

"Yeah, we talk."

Charlotte smiled. "Well, then, all you need is to get a detention and I'll make sure to get Blaze one."

"How are you going to get him a detention?" I asked hesitantly.

"I have my ways. It'll be easy. Except I'll probably get one too, but whatever. I'll just talk to him after class and make him late for his next class. One thing though, don't let him know that you have detention."

"Why?" I asked.

"Trust me. And anyways, that guy will do anything to get a detention when you have one. The second two days you had detention, well, he's in my Spanish class last period, I think you have drama, but anyways, he would search up dirty words in Spanish on Google translate and ask the teacher what they meant. Then use them. Until he got detention," She grinned.

I laughed. "No way. And hey, I'll have to use that sometime."

"Yeah way. And b-t-dubs, he's coming over here."

~~~~~

A/N: Warning: This is going to be a very random author's note, sorry :)

Thing I just wish was different: in Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, I just wish he had said something else instead of seventy in the line "and I'll be loving you 'till we're seventy" bc it could have been so much more meaningful and deep, like "and I'll be loving you into the next lifetime because one just isn't enough" and yeah that just irritates me 'cuz seventy is such a definite number and it's like he'll stop when they're seventy?

Sorry about that rant but you should probably be used to it by now haha maybe I should make a book ha that would be great.

Anyways, tell me what you thought of the chapter, and keep being amazing readers!!!

One more thing: How do British singers lose their accent when they sing? That just bugs the heck out of me.