34

" reconvene "

Din is silent as they walk through the docks to return to the Crest

Din is silent as they walk through the docks to return to the Crest. Lana knows he must be confused with all that he's learned in the such short period of time, but she was confused too. The child sat peacefully in her arm as they approached the crest. Din stops before it, examining the poorly put together crest. Lana sighs looking down at the child. He gives her a little smile.

The dock worker they met yesterday approaches them. "I gave you a thousand credits, this was the best you could do?" Din huffs.

The dock worker doesn't reply though, just holds a tablet up to Din for him to sign. Lana sighs, following Din into the Crest. The cockpit is covered in fishing nets and smells of something gross. Din takes his seat, looking at the controls with disappointment. "Mon calarmi." He grunts starting the ship up. Lana sits behind him, holding her helmet in her lap. "Unbelievable."

As they begin to take off, it sounded worse than it did before. Din turns to the child. "We finally know where we're taking you. But it's gonna be a bumpy ride." The child just coos in response.

After they've left the atmosphere, Din puts the ship into hyperspace, setting it up autopilot. He turns his chair around to face Lana. "Is there a reason you kept this hidden." He turns his head slightly, crossing his arms. "I thought you'd be able to tell me anything. Why would you keep this from me Lana?" His voice raises slightly at her.

Lana lifts her gaze from the helmet, "I didn't know until we were on our way to Trask. Before we left Sorgan I took one of my father's journals. As I read it revealed the truth." She explains quickly.

Din sighs angered, dropping his hands to his thighs. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before confronting Bo-Katan. It was just so overwhelming I didn't know when the right time would be."

"Don't apologize."

She doesn't respond.

"Lana." His voice becomes softer.

"Din." She looks up him with eyes of pain.

All the sudden, Din spills every thought that was going through his head. "I'm sorry. Listen, I'm sorry. What Bo-Katan told me was something I wasn't prepared to hear. All I've ever known was the Watch. It felt like a shock. I was raised by some group of religious zealots? There was only supposed to be one Way. This changes everything. And I thought after you found out Bo-Katan knew your mother I thought you'd leave me. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel knowing you wear beskar. You saw how I acted with Cobb Vanth, and I just- I just don't know Lana, I don't know." He rambles, dropping his helmet into his hands.

She rises from her seat, she moves to stand next to him, he immediately wraps his arms around her waist, resting his head on her stomach. "I'm sorry I raised my voice at you."

Lana rests one of her hands on his shoulder, the other atop the cold beskar of his helmet. "It's okay Din. I can't blame you for being stressed out. Just don't take it out on me okay?"