Elias 5.10

Claude watched as Gavril took a few steps back. He was acting like he had seen something he was not expecting which baffled the emperor.

As a child, Chrys had made him take lessons about magic and its origins and part of the royal family, Chry taught Claude about the royal bloodline - because their father did not want Claude to take them. The reason was mainly because Claude was an unwanted child but Claude was aware of the fact that the royal family had different mana from normal human beings.

Many scholars were leaning to the thought it was the massive amount of mana that was compressed that made it look like crystals. If compressed any further, then, it could be possible for the emperor to make mana stones. Of course, that was only an unsolved theory scholars were not willing to let go. There were many insane mages that wanted to study the royal family back in time. They would try to kidnap the royal family and cut them open. It didn't end well with them. There were still few attempts but they were caught and 30 feet under the ground. Claude did not want Elias to find them after all, even if those bodies were outside of the city.

So, Gavril's reaction was unusual.

"What's the matter?"

It clearly was not a question. Claude, the emperor was demanding for an answer.

Gavril swallowed the shock he was trying so hard to calm down.

"Your majesty, I am not certain to what extent but it seems to me like you've turned into one."

It was Claude's turn to be shocked.

***

Gavril was kicked out of the room the next moment. The baron had many reasons as to why he had to stay there but complied anyway because the emperor seemed like he needed to organize his thoughts.

"Father!"

Gavril turned to Nikolas power walking towards him. Behind the young Daphne was Liora smiling at them. The baron relaxed when he saw them approach him. Truly, what a complicated family they were taking care of.

"How is his majesty?"

Nikolas hurriedly asked.

"It would be a nightmare if he was in bad health. His highness Elias would not be able to stomach the sight of it. Oh, imagining the state my prince could be in is already giving me a stomachache."

Gavril sighed at his exaggerated son and roughly patted him on the head.

"No need to worry your little flowery head over it. His majesty is as healthy as he can be."

"Ow! I have told you many times not to do that! MANY!"

Liora tittered behind her hand as she lovingly watched Nikolas grab his father's arm to push it away but Gavril did not budge.