• [ 28 ] •

Rose's POV

My shaky voice catches his attention.

"Rose?" His eyes widen. Through my tears eyes I rush up to him and jump on him, giving the largest hug I have ever given.

"I missed you so much.." My voice cracks. He hugs me back tighter.

"Me too.." His voice cracks as well. Roman was the one who picked me up out of my depression when Adele died. I stopped eating, began training twice as hard, and hardly ever took breaks. I actually fainted while in school one day due to my lack of nutrition.

He made sure that I ate my meals, he meditated with me, and even got me art supplies so I can paint out my feelings. Everyone tried helping me get better, but Roman was the one to see me at my worst, at my lowest point. I was 12 when he was chosen as a dragon rider during his ceremony.

"Why? Why didn't you come home? We missed you so much and... and I needed you Rome. Colt, Kyle, we all missed you. Did ... did you forget about us?" I ask, looking into his eyes. I have tears streaming down my face from my reunion to my older brother.

"No, no I could never. I am so sorry I didn't visit. I ... I spent the holidays with my boyfriend." Roman trails off. I wipe the tears off his face, I know that there is more to the story than what he is telling me.

"Are you stupid? You could have just brought him to the village. The Olsen's would have loved to meet him, so would everyone else." I tell him.

"I know, I know." He sighs.

"I am just glad that I got to see you. But wouldn't you have already known about me attending this school, because of my placement tests? Oliver too?" I ask.

"I was sick in bed all day, but I am feeling better. Oliver is here too?" Roman asks, perking up.

"Yes, and most of my friends as well." I hug him, pointing behind me to where I know Tony is standing. "You missed out on so much Rome, you haven't even met the twins yet." I sigh, pulling away. I rub my face, ridding it of any tears.

"I know, I'm really sorry." He looks down.

"It's alright, I forgive you. But you will be returning with me this upcoming holiday break, and that's final." I sternly tell him.

"Alright. My boyfriend can join us maybe, with his group too. Speaking of, he should be in this class...." He trails off again. He looks around for someone until his eyes light up. I turn around and see who he is looking at.

"Matisse?" I question. Matisse runs up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"Bestie!!" He yells.

"You already know him?" Roman looks wide eyed.

"We have our nature class together." I reply simply.

"But he's in Level 1." Roman thinks for a moment, then gasps. "I've heard people talking about someone who placed in Level 1 for every element, Rose..." He trails off.

"Level 1 Multi-wielder of all Elements and Dragon Rider." I tell him.

"When my friends were talking about the only girl to attend this school, I didn't know it was you." Roman looks shocked.