chapter seven

The wedding shopping has just begun and Mawra was already worn out. She left an annoyed sigh while they entered the fifth store of that day. The previous four shops didn't have that perfect bridal lehenga nor were her family felt satisfied with any of the collections. She really hoped that this one shop had her destined dress because she was done for the day. 

All she wanted to do was get back home and lay on her bed for good two hours without any disturbance, but that was not possible when you're the bride. There's a lot to shop and a lot to take care of, you'd be constantly busy with something or the other. Mawra had no idea that one wedding could be this exhausting. 

"I heard that they have some good collections here." Mahira mumbled in an equally tired voice, to which she gave her sister a look, "and how do you know that?" 

"My best friend's elder sister got married recently and she talked about it with us." Mahira shrugged, "why didn't you tell this before." slapping her hands playfully, Mawra walked into the store and began to explore. 

Her to-be mother in law was accompanying them as well, it was a tradition in their house that the bride's dresses should be bought by the groom's family and vice versa. In the past three hours of bonding and shopping, Mawra was sure of one thing. Ibrahim's mother is the sweetest human being and she's so lucky to have her as a mother in law. 

Salika never once complained about her choice of clothes like her previous suitor's mother's would usually do. And she was glad about that. It was very easy to please this woman, which is with love and affection and a grin appears on her face as she thought about it. 

"Found anything yet?" came an unknown voice, who stood beside her with a smile on her face. She looked too overdressed for a saleslady. 

"No, I'm still searching." the lady nodded and was about to leave.

"Don't mind me asking, are you the sales girl here? Because I need some help and suggestions." Mawra frowned as she eyed her mother and to be mother-in-law debating with every other dress, while her sister was in her own world. 

"Oh no, I'm not the salesgirl. But I can definitely help you." the lady replied with a chuckle. 

"I designed these dresses here, not everything but a few of them. The rest are made by my best friend. I'm sure you'll find something nice. What type of dress are you looking for?" the lady, whose name she's yet to know asked her curiously. 

Mawra's face softened at that and she passed her a smile, "I don't know what I want. I'm really confused, but the wedding is a once in a lifetime thing and I want my dress to be nice and satisfying. I want to look good you know." 

"I know exactly what you want. Come with me." she followed the lady curiously, who took her into an exclusive section, which is segregated especially for the brides. 

"Wow. These are so eye-catchy." Mawra exclaimed in amazement and a particular dress caught her eyes instantly, "can I see that." It was love at first sight moment. 

"Ammi... Aunty?" taking that dress in her hands, she called them both almost eagerly, whose face lit up with satisfaction as they eyed the dress. 

"This one. It suits my skin texture and I'm in love with it already. Can I have this please?" she pleaded for their approval like a child requesting for her ice cream. Both the ladies nodded in approval, the dress was too gorgeous to say no. 

"But I want to select the mayoon dress." 

"And I, the mehendi dress." 

Came her mother and mother-in-law's requests, and she couldn't care less. The wedding day was the main event anyway, so she was happy as long as that dress was of her choice and hence she shook her head in positive.