02.

Harley.

He didn't know where he was, hazy memories stirred in his mind but nothing was concrete, how had he healed, how was he alive, his brother had gone for the kill literally and his unwavering conviction not to kill led him to being defeated which ended up with him getting exiled, his pack really didn't want him, the so called noble Lord Harold didn't want him, where was he, where had he gone.

What he was going to do, no idea, whatever would be his fate it was better to just let it be unknown, all he knew was that he was alive and someone saved him. "You really do need to wake up." A voice whispered, it was soothing, masculine but beautiful, then a scent hit him hard, rose and earth, his wolf stirred and howled in his mind. His eyes immediately opened and without any thinking, he pounced on his prey. It wasn't  threatening, it was playful at least he hoped that's how it came across.

He was beautiful, tall, and he had the cutest dimples along with beautiful red hair, his wolf couldn't help but lick him, lick him with no restraint, giggles and full blown laughter resounded in whatever place he was in, he had made the man he already loved happy, he was laughing. "Okay okay, you're welcome." He laughed still, as more licks were sneaked in. His wolf finally gave over control, Mal stood up to watch something that shouldn't have been possible happen, he wasn't terrified and it almost scared him.

Where once a six foot something beast stood, now stood a man, naked as the day he was born and christ alive he was perfect in every way, Mal shamelessly looked at his strong jaw, those stormy gray eyes, that perfect muscle ripped body, by his calculations ten if not more inches of man. "You're drooling mate." He finally spoke. "How, what, I—." Mal couldn't form a single sentence, this man was in every way dominating, he was just sin incarnate.

"It's okay, I can explain, don't be scared." He tried to soothe Mal and somehow it was working as Mal stepped forward. "How did you do that?" Mal finally asked and to the wolf his voice was angelic, everything about him screamed sensuality to him. "I'm Harley Harold, not sure if I can use the last name, I'm a werewolf, which you should know, doctor Roosevelt." He stated calmly and confusion marred Mal's face. "Werewolf, I thought my notes were all myth." Mal mumbled to himself remembering the notes his mother and father had left him.

"Your parents were once part of the pack as doctors, they got out when my father became patriarch or alpha in simpler terms." He tried to explain but it seemed the man in front of him was just staring at him, so he snapped his fingers. "Beautiful you there." He teased. "Huh, sorry I'm just trying to process, I found you outside six days ago almost near death, you were in a coma and then today you woke up and instead of being a wild wolf you turned into a human, also revealing the fact that my mum and your supposed not family are werewolves, its a lot, plus you're stark naked." Mal recounted everything and even Harley seemed to understand that this was a lot for the man with the doctor tag Roosevelt.

"I'm sorry to put so much on you mate." Harley apologized as he liked to say the word, he had waited for him for so long, how had he been under his nose this whole time, how had he missed him. "It's okay." Mal shyly replied, he couldn't keep it together with this man. "Mallie, I have lunch!" Hilda called and immediately Mal started to panic, what was he going to do, there was a naked man in his waiting room. "Here wear this, she cannot see you naked." Mal hurriedly helped Harley wear the coat, his wolf liked how possessive Mal already was.

Hilda opened the sliding door to the surprise which had her turning around. "Oh sweet baby Jesus, what were you doing?" She asked with embarrassment dripping in each syllable. "Um, long strong and I think you interrupted." Mal replied and she scoffed. "Of course you would bag a wolf." She deadpanned and Mal choked on air. "Wait you knew!" He yelled as he rummaged his emergency closet, he then tossed clothes to Harley. "Bathroom is through there." He ordered and Harley walked there as ordered.

"Yeah I knew, Zach is a wolf I always tell you that, and it's like public information." She replied walking to the kitchen and Mal along with Harley trailed behind her. "How did I not know." He mumbled to himself as he remembered the countless times Hilda had told him, Zach her boyfriend was a wolf. "You're ignorant and also you live on the down low, your family made sure to keep you out of pack affairs." Hilda replied as she served both Mal and Harley.

"That's why I didn't know you." Harley interjected as he thanked Hilda. "Yeah, but I'm surprised you're taking this well, most would be screaming, or fainting." Hilda taunted and Mal scoffed. "I have a master's degree in medicine and I'm a vet, I adapt pretty quickly." Mal retorted to which both Hilda and Harley couldn't argue against. "How did you get injured that badly?" Hilda asked as she sat next to Harley who had finished his meal, it was a sensitive matter that he didn't wish to tell and Hilda got that rather quickly.

"Could you give us some time alone, I need to talk to my mate." Harley responded and immediately Hilda got up and left the room without a word. "Why do you keep calling me that?" Mal asked as he stood to clear the mini table. "Because you're my mate, I've waited for you for twelve years." That called Mal's attention, wait for him, why, how, it all swirled in his head. "Sit, let me explain." And so he did, Mal understood the concept all too well, his parents were basically like that only human, he got to understand more of Harley as they spoke and by the end, he didn't have a headache, somehow he felt relieved if this god of a wolf was meant to be his, then hell, he'd strip right now and slam himself on his cock.

"I understand now, it's much but I'm getting there." Mal confessed as he sat next to the man who could become a wolf. "You have to understand, I have nothing to offer you except myself as I've just told you I just got exiled." Harley exclaimed and Mal smiled, he had never met anyone truthful as him, a man who put all his cards for show and let you choose. "I don't expect anything, except this going a bit slow I guess." Mal replied and immediately Harley wrapped him in his large arms. "Thank you for not rejecting me." He mumbled taking in the scent that brought him back to life.

"You're welcome." As soon as Mal replied Hilda knocked on the door, it had been a while since she had gone to handle the appointments for the day. "Hey doc, sorry to disturb but your job calls for you." She expressed and Mal groaned, he didn't want to leave the man he had so many questions for. "Go, I will stay here and wait for you." Harley offered and Mal groaned one last time before waking out. When he was gone Hilda walked in with a smile. "I know who you are, and what your father did, it wasn't fair but maybe this is somehow compensation by the goddess for what he did, Mallory is a great guy, don't hurt him." Harley nodded with a smile as he found Hilda's care for his mate lovely.

"I won't, I give you my word." As a man of few words to those who weren't his mate that's all, he spoke in response. Hilda smiled genuinely and walked away, as Harley waited he began to think of what would happen now, he was no longer next in line as patriarch, he had been exiled from the pack and now he was slightly homeless, along with a newly found mate, what would he do now.

As he pondered on these thoughts rose and earth filled his nostrils, he turned to meet the eyes of the man who had accepted him, he would do anything for him but a man without riches could do only so much for a man with everything. "You look like you're having an internal battle." Mal commented as he sat next to Harley. "Just thinking of you." Harley replied as he rubbed Mal's cheek.

"I don't suppose exiled wolves don't get the option to stay in the pack and figure things out." Mal mumbled as he looked down on his lap. "No, we are the scum of the pack, unwanted." He replied and it made a pang of hurt cross Mal. "I know you might not accept it but my home is more than big enough to house a family of five, you're welcome to stay until you find your footing again." He offered hoping Harley would take the offer. "I'm honestly not going to decline, for my mate anything." He replied and Mal almost squealed happily

Mal closed the clinic earlier that day, he was not going to deny the fact that he was happy to have Harley in his home, he wasn't going to deny that for the first time since his parents left four years ago, he felt alive again, he felt complete.

+++

LMJ