~ONE~

Present

"Azaleas!For the love of Lord, don't even try to run away again without taking your breakfast!"Bella sternly called out from kitchen as I almost missed my footsteps at her voice.

My tiptoeing doesn't work with this lady at all.I thought closing my eyes for a second.

"I am late for my office,Bella.I'll grab something later,pèr favóre(please)".I replied with a soothing loud voice standing in front of the door.Bella is an absolute sweetheart and can go lengths to care for me. She's the motherly figure I didn't knew I'll ever get after the departure of mamma.

"Patients will be waiting for me bella."I added to convince her more or else I won't hear the end of her rebuking.

"You wait there ragàzzá (girl), I am packing you some cupcakes.You must eat it before you start your work."Her stern voice replied convinced at my words as I heard rummaging sounds from kitchen.

I quickly slipped in my flat shoes while checking the time in my white wrist watch.

Lord I'll be late.

"Aza cara(dear), you are still here?"I heard the gentle voice of my papa asking as I looked up watching him return from his morning walk.

" papa.I was about to leave but your mogliè(wife) won't let me go without breakfast." I replied back  sighing lightly as he smiled at my words.

My papa Gabriel knight,who later on decided to adopt me as her daughter having no kids of his own.He has been more than what my real father had ever been. And I thank my lucky stars every moment for letting me find someone like him and Bella.

"Mia bella(My bella) did right."He replied smiling as my heart swooned over their loving relationship.

Totally couple goals.

"But boys were asking if you'll join them tonight for combats?"Papa asked already getting his answer from my beaming face.

".I haven't done any warm ups for past few days & today my work ends early.So I'll join them all."

This past few days, I had been quite busy due to joining as a Psy.D psychologist in a renowned hospital. Hence, absent from my regular meetups with boys.

"The guys are missing you as if you've left them for years." Papa added with a small laugh as I too chuckled knowing how they can be dramatic when it's about me.

"Here you go."Bella finally arrived  holding a tiffin box as I quickly grabbed it thanking her. Giving cheek kisses to both papa & Belle, I dashed out running towards my office.

Only if time wouldn't have been running along with me.

Thankfully,I wasn't late to reach my eight storeyed hospital,The Crescent as there was less traffic than the usual.Parking my Mercedes which was a joint gift from papa,Bella and guys on my last birthday,I swiftly walked towards my cabin located at the second floor.Nodding my head with a small smile towards the receptionist on ground floor,I walked towards the elevator with large steps.

Reaching my cabin, I glanced over my  table clock finding that I'm five minutes earlier.With a breath of relief,I quickly brought out the box and started devouring the cupcake of Bella as every bite felt nirvana.

It's strange really, where I once thought that there won't be any blissful moments of my life in absence of mamma & in satanic presence of my father,I came quite far with appreciating even a food as blissful.

My thoughts and eating interupted when a loud knock echoed through my blue themed room.

Here comes my duties knocking at door.Another long day awaits.