Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The school day finally ended and it’s a Friday so that a good thing. Friday is like the crazy day. Because everyone is so happy and so ready for the weekend. To be honest some people get too crazy that it is the weekend. I go to my locker and head to my car. From a distance I see Zach leaning next to my car. He beat me to the car? Maybe he’s just happy it’s Friday. “Wow, you are actually out here sooner then me.” I start to laugh. We get in the car and start driving to the Coffee shop. He turns on the radio and browse through the stations. “Did I say you can touch that?” I ask while looking at his hand and back at him. “Well, I am touching the radio.” Zach replied. Then he stops on a station. The station is playing Break the rules by Charlie XCX. “I don’t want to go to school I just want to break the rules.” He started to sing. I started laughing. “What is it?” He asked. “You can’t sing at all.” I started to laugh again. He started to sing some more. I started to sing along as well. Oh my god…. What is going on? He is acting like a total different person. Zach is acting really freaking weird. But I think I like this Zach. This Zach is nicer. We finally made it to the coffee shop and we got out and sat in the same place as we did yesterday. “What if this seat was taken what would you do?” I asked. “Well I would find another seat.” Zach responds. I started to laugh. “Ok, so did you think about how we are going to do this project?” I asked. “No…..” He started to laugh. “Come on, you have to take this seriously.” I demanded. “Chemistry is my worst subject ever. Literally.” Responded Zach. “Well, I’ll teach you some stuff and so it will help you with a better understanding of this project.” I responded. “Well first I’m getting something to eat because I’m hungry.” He gets up and goes up to the counter and orders two bagels and two drinks. Zach walks over and hands me a bagel and a drink. “EW I hate bagels.” I shouted. “You do?” He asked awkwardly. “No.” I started laughing sarcastically. “Not funny.” He frowned. I begin to tell him some terms and definitions that will help him better understand the project. While I was talking I see him out of the corner of my eye staring at me with this look again. He stares at me as if he found love in all the wrong places. I kept talking, then he grabs my face and turns my head to his. We stare at each other for a few seconds. Oh god, this can’t be happening. Do I just let him kiss me? Or do I slap him and run away? My brain starts going crazy. He leans in and kisses me. We kissed for a couple seconds and I lean back and we stared into each other’s eyes. His eyes are Blue like the sky. He has the eyes you fall in love with just looking at him. Then I lean in and kiss him. It was like the whole world shut down and it was nothing but us. Things were going through my mind I have no idea what was happening.  Then he stops. In an instant he says, “I’m sorry I have to go.” He grabs his stuff and runs out of the coffee shop. I don’t know what happen. I don’t know what to think. I just watch him run out. My mind is shooting bullets everywhere. Why did he run out if he wanted to kiss me? If anything, I should have ran out. I stayed in the coffee shop for a couple more minutes trying to figure out what just happened. I grab my stuff and head out to my car. I put my keys into the door to unlock it when someone grabs my arm and turns me around. It’s Zach. He grab’s my face, leans in and kisses me instantly. We stand there for a few minutes kissing. I hear nothing nor see nothing. I just feel my lips touching his. Our lips glide along each other’s like it is meant to be. I stop and said, “I need to get going. Do you need a ride home?” He immediately responds, “Yes please.” He walks around the car and gets in. I start up the car and drive off. I’m speechless. I don’t know what to say or do. “You know I thought you left.” I mumble nervously. “I did, but I turned back around.” He responded. “What if someone from school seen us do that?” I ask. “I don’t care.” He smiles and grabs my hand. My heart starts beating rapidly, my mind starts going a thousand miles an hour, and my stomach feels like a butterfly sanctuary. We got to his house and I pushed the car in park. He reaches over and kisses me. I kiss him back then I push away. “What if your dad, mom, or sister sees us?” I ask. “I told you, I don’t care what anyone has to say.” He smiled. I smiled back. “Is your dad out of the hospital?” He asked. “He should be.” I replied. “Do you want to hang tomorrow?” He asked nervously. “Yeah, I would like that.” I smiled. He kissed me goodnight and I drove off.