10

Than Cullen's POV

3 hours earlier...
I wanted to rip off his head.

How dare he? After everything I've done for his mafia!
And he can't even grant me this one tiny little favor!

I stormed back into my room and started beating the shit out of the furniture. The walls already held humongous holes from my last encounters with the Don. I really thought we were getting somewhere and for that asshole to just laugh in my face.
I banged the chair and starting plumbing into it with all the leftover rage.

"Honey! Stop! You're scaring me!" Taryn yelled at me from the bathroom and rushed to my side. She grabbed me by the chest trying to soothe me but I striked her to the floor.

I had to contain myself from hammering into her as well. It wouldn't look good to the press if she came out with bruises. Not after the last time.

I kicked her out of my way and she tearfully ran back into the bathroom. After hearing the soft click I knew she locked herself in there.

My fist went through the computer screen as I slowly tried to accommodate my rage.
I looked around the room. It looked nothing like what it did before I came along. I really needed to get a private maid soon.

My office looked as if a robber went batshit crazy on all the meaningless possessions that were held inside. The computer looked unrecognizable and the remains of the desk scattered around like they had suffered a major fall. I flipped over the chair that didn't give in so easily to my fists and tried to calm down.

I took three doses of my medicine and thankfully that did the trick.  I closed my eyes and massaged my forehead as I thought about my next move.

"Daddy!" Naeva ran into my office, completely ignoring the state of it.
"Did it work? Am I getting married?" She squealed excitedly, not even sparing a glance at the disaster I call an office . It wasn't her fault. She was used to it.

"I'm working on it sweetie." I said hoping not to upset her.It didn't work. Her smile morphed into one of annoyance and anger.

"What do you mean 'working on it'?" She shouted, "YOU SAID THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO ACCEPT!"

"I know I did, princess. But that fucker was treating it as a joke! He practically laughed at me when I suggested-"

"A JOKE? Dad! What did you say to him!
He loves me! We're in love! You just had to ruin everything!All you had to do was tell Alister I was interested in marrying him! WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HIM THAT MADE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND!" She slammed her fist onto the already damaged desk.

Naeva always had anger issues. She unmistakably got them from me, which I was very proud of. She was the only thing in the world that I loved, but god help me if she says one more word. One day, I won't be able to help myself.

"Look sweetie, I'm sure he loves you, I am, but maybe he's just scared of how much he want to be with you." I try to explain, but I know the words coming out of my mouth are bullshit.

There was absolutely no way Alister had even a smidge of feelings towards Naeva, much to her naiveness. When I suggested marriage to him, I though he would either accept for the sake of our alliance or get really angry. I however, did not expect him  to look at me like I was the scum of the earth and start practically laughing at my proposal. That bastard! Obviously our alliance meant absolutely nothing to him. Maybe I wasn't as powerful as him but I still did my share for his stupid mafia and country!