Chapter 20

Walking over to the newly set up camp I go to my tent collapsing next to daryl "How's the shoulder" he mumbles playing with an arrow. I give a thumbs up before answering "it's good just hurts a little." I roll over on my back and get as close to him as possible. "Hey" I open my eyes at andreas voice my top lip curling up in a sneer "This is not that great but" she hands daryl a book and sits down. "What, no pictures" daryl jokes.
"I'm so sorry I feel like shit" she apologizes, daryl puts the book down and puts his arm under my head"Yea you and me both" he sits up squishing my head. "I don't expect you two to forgive me but I, if there's anything I can do" Daryl starts playing with his arrow again. "You were trying to protect the group we're good" she stands up and steps out if the tent, daryl nudges me I roll my eyes.

"Andrea wait"I call out watching her stop and turn around "Sorry I snapped but you did kinda shoot us" I huff closing my eyes roll. "But hey, shoot me again best pray I'm dead" daryl says, "Y'know...that's not what an apology sounds like" I lift my hand flipping him off "bite me" I let my hand flop back to my body.  I feel a tug on my arm and I look up to see daryl with a worried expression "You were tossin and turnin." I sit up and wipe my face "Dad it was about dad" I say quickly standing up. I step out of the tent, I watch rick walk to Carols car before he gets in he notices me and I put my head down and walk off.

I start walking over to glenn and dale "-ri's pregnant" I stop in my tracks, turning around on my heel  I walk away before they notice me. Huffing I walk back to the tent and find it empty, laying down the line between reality and imagination becomes blurry. "Malice" I roll over and rubbing my eyes looking at a grinning carl. "Yea bud"I mumble sitting up "I did amazing I hit a lot of bottles" he beams grabbing my hand "I'm proud of you carl I wish I could of seen it." He drags me out pulling me over to glenn and t-dog and hands me his hat. "What's this for bud" he pushes it further in my direction "I want you to wear it, it'll help you feel better." I get down to his height "Are ya sure" he nods and puts it on my head.

********RICKS POV*********
I'm putting the guns away when I glance up to see carl putting the sheriffs hat on malice. She's smiling and making funny faces with carl, I smile and just watch as carl and her play around. 'I wish lori could play with him like that' and just as quick as it came the smile leaves my face.
I look back down and continue loading the magazines. My eyes travel back up to malice doing weird poses making carl laugh. 'she looks good in the hat' I smile at my thoughts, catching lori in my peripheral vision I turn my head watching  her as she looks at malice and carl and over to me. "Hershel expects us to leave" she snaps stopping my movements, glancing over at her I continue working "Does anybody else know"  "Not yet" looking around my eyes falling back to malice.

"Where you going to tell me" I force myself to look away "Of course" "When, how long have you known" she questions my eyes falling to the table "Not long you don't need to worry about this" I assure "How do you expect me not to worry we have shelter here and food and water and medical care." I look up my eyes catching malices, lori looks over and looks back at me "I've been talking to hershel it's not carved in stone." "He thinks it is" I sigh getting agitated "We have to fix this, people are settling in here they'll be devastated." Putting the gun down "I know I'm working on it" I hiss lowly.

***********Malice POV**********
I felt eyes on me while playing with carl, I look up stopping at rick staring back. Looking down he continues talking to lori. I hesitantly walk over to them not want them to have an argument, because they need to be together, for carl. I walk around a tree stopping in front of the table "Guys please don't argue, lori go easy on rick hershel is cut off from everything, he doesn't want to see what's happening. He's really doing his best to try and get through to him. " Lori looks over at me then back to rick with a questioning knowing look.

"It is not your place to tell me what to do, your place it to stay away from my family and stop being a problem for this whole group" She hisses ripping the hat off my head. My jaw goes slack as I look over at rick who looks like he wants to say something. I look down and taking deep breath when tears build up. "I never wanted to interfere but" I look back at carl smiling with glenn and t-dog "You can't afford drifting apart" I whisper turning around and walking to the tent. I lay there staring at the opposite side of the tent, rick came and told me dinner was done. So I did what I thought was best and told him I wasn't hungry, he left with a sigh and I fell asleep.

Waking up I look around the dark camp, I grab my bat carefully so I don't wake daryl. Guietly walking out of the tent, I run out of camp. Stoping halfway down the driveway, I catch my breath. Looking around to make sure nobody followed I jog to the end of the driveway, Climbing the fence and jumping down to the other side. Starting my trek to the highway. I look down at my feet as I walk dragging my bat behind me, I curse myself over and over for the cdc and rick. I smile running into the back of a car "Well it looks like I made it" I murmer walking around. Finding a blanket and some granola bars, I continue walking around till I find a red pick up truck. Clearing out the backseat I lock all the doors, my stomach growling I give in and eat a granola bar. Laying down the best I can in the tight space I stare at the roof "Daddy I'm sorry, I was hopin somebody would care and yet I became a problem" I wipe the tears away and drift asleep.

"There she is" I look around the medium sized house, Rick walks over to me his brows knitting together "What's wrong hon." He puts his hands on my face "I-I don't know" I stutter looking around the clean house. He puts his arm around my waist and walks me further into the group of people. "Hey how's the baby doing luc" glenn walks over to me with a toddler on his hip.

"Baby?" I question, rick puts his hand on my stomach looking down I see a large bump. Ricks arm start turning grey I look up to his face and scream at the sight. Pushing him away I run back into the house and up a flight of stairs, tunning into a random room I slam the door and push the dresser in front of it. Looking around the room I notice pictures on a nightstand. It's a picture of rick and lori with carl, dropping the picture I run into the bathroom.

When I stop in front of the mirror I see lori looking back at me. "No no no this can't be happening" pacing the room I hear banging on the door. "WAKE UP!!" I slam myself against a wall only feeling a burning in my arm. I look around for anything to wake me up, notice a window I groan. "Well either I wake up or....I die" hurrying to the window I open it. Putting my legs through first I sit on the window sill, when hear the bathroom door break open, I jump off screaming.

Jolting awake I fall on the floor board landing on my bat "Shit" I groan getting up and untangleing myself from the blankets. I look around at the now sunlit highway "Well this'll be fun" I huff unlocking the door and stepping out bat in hand.