Eight

Three nights later and Louis is lying in bed trying to sleep. The boys had a meeting with the university today and Louis has to take the next six months off, make it through the trial, recover physically and emotionally and then have his knee reassessed. He's devastated and can't help the anger inside him at Stanley for how he's ruined his life and how he took those other boys away from their families.

It's still all over the news, press conferences about the trial starting soon and Louis doesn't want to be part of any of it, he just wants his life back. He then feels guilty for his feelings because those other boys don't even get the chance to live. It's a vicious cycle in his head.

He's going over things in his head when his phone beeps, he picks it up and it's a message from Harry.

"Hey little one, I'm working late tonight, was thinking of you" Harry writes

Louis can't help the slight smile and butterfly's in his stomach, he can't lie that he's attracted to Harry nor can he lie that he's become attached. Harry always seems to know when he needs to talk.

"How do you always know when to message me" Louis responds

Harry receives the text with a smile

"I just do, wanna chat?" Harry says

He knows Louis has been having trouble sleeping after everything, the boy's are worried.

"I can't sleep" Louis admits

"What's going on inside that head of yours?" Harry asks

Charlie notices Harry smiling and looking at his phone and knows exactly who he's talking too and smiles.

"I just want to be normal Haz, and play football again. I want those boys alive again, I wish I had died too because I feel guilty I feel like this and they don't even get the chance too" Louis says and it breaks Harry's heart.

"That's called survivors guilt Lou and it's completely understandable to feel that way. I know it's slow going but you and Kimberly will work through this. You are a survivor and I want you to remember that every time you start to think like that" Harry says.

"What if I can't play football ever again" Louis asks.

"Then we find something else, you have your entire life ahead of you darling and we will figure it out" Harry says

The fact Harry said  'we' means more to Louis than anything.

"Thanks Harry" Louis says.

"Try to get some sleep okay, I'm off tomorrow and I'll come around, maybe we can do something together. If you'd like" Harry says.

"K, can you bring me gummies" Louis asks cheekily

"You bet, sleep tight x" Harry replies

Louis smiles and tries his best to fall asleep.

.....

Louis and Kimberly meet twice a week, she often comes to the house for their sessions and Louis is coming a long way. A month later he's had his cast removed, his bruising and physical injuries have mostly healed. He still has to be careful with his kidney and his knee  but for the most part he's healed physically. 

Charlie and Harry are both regulars at the apartment now and it's like their group is back together but they include Louis too, which has helped him with healing. Of course he's still coddled to no end and protected by them all, he's teased and is still considered their younger brother they love him to bits and are so glad Louis is coping with everything, that he's willing to talk things out and move through the process. Kimberly is working wonders. Louis however has not told any of the boys other than Harry and Charlie what happened to him and as the trial approaches Kimberly urges Louis to tell them, but Louis won't budge and seems to close up the closer the trial gets.